Chapter 23: Put Your Trust In Me

Days have passed and the stress from the upcoming examinations is starting to engulf my system. My mind is out on the loose as I've been distracted for the past few days. Too much questions are hovering inside my head and just a single nudge could really make me break a part. I feel very sensitive now and I guess this isn't good.

I do not have classes this afternoon so I decided to just go to the firm and check the things that are happening there. I need something to divert my attention from my looming thoughts.

A call pulled my attention from the steering wheel. Good thing it's currently at red light so I immediately slid my phone on my dashboard and answered who was calling.

Bright? My breathing immediately became hitched just by uttering his name.

[Baby? Are you driving?] I stared blankly in front of me as I notice the red light is already switched to a go.

Yeah I'm going to the firm. Why is it?

[Win, I know there's something wrong. Please, can we talk?] Bright remarked as I heaved a sigh. I don't know but I'm not angry at Bright. I'm not even angry at anyone else. I just want to hear everything from him but what I don't understand is, why is he not telling me anything at all?

Alright. Meet me at the firm. I exhaled and banked my car into an intersection.

[Alright baby. Please wait for me yeah?]

Yes, Bright. I will.

"Good afternoon sir!" A staff immediately greeted me as I entered the firm with which I let out a smile in response and greeted back.

The firm is quite busy today since there are a lot of soil samples coming from different parts of Bangkok which requires preliminary tests if these soils have good qualities for building construction.

I looked for Joss and saw him helping in the soil laboratory and he quickly noticed my presence so he immediately hovered his way to me with a questioning look. I guess he's surprised since I told him before that I'll not be coming here for quite a while due to exams but here I am. I gave him a grin and he hissed.

"Why are you here boss?" He smirked and I frowned. He's really fond of calling me that.

"I don't have classes anymore... and I'm quite distracted from studying lately so I went here to ease my thoughts." I pouted with which he nodded in response. Joss then guided me to the showroom to check the ceramic tiles being displayed recently.

"Win?" A baritone voice immediately caught my attention and I see Bright striding towards me while a small smile is etched on his face.

I was about to utter a word but I fell silent as he quickly pulled me into a tight embrace and I can feel my heart pounding inside my chest. His breathing was hitched as I feel his lips gently sliding through my neck as he mumbles something on my ear.

"Baby I missed you." He whispered and my body weakens just by hearing his raspy his voice. The surge of thoughts that once aggravated my mind suddenly became still. He's always my calmness.

I hear Joss clear his throat and I quickly pulled away from Bright. I can already feel my face heating up as I bit my lip and glanced at Bright who is now pouting and frowning at me like a child.

"J-Joss this is Bright. Bright this is Joss, he is my dad's secretary and I'm currently working with him now." I nervously chuckled as I look at the two of them.