Chapter 28: Mr. Chivaaree

Months have now passed and the structure of sir Mike's house is now slowly taking its shape. From time to time, I always visit the site to check if the structural plan is getting followed since it is really important to strictly implement it. Inadequate steel reinforcement or bars improperly placed can lead to future problems, and of course we don't want that to happen.

"Hey Win let's have dinner tonight?" Adrian remarked as soon as he entered our office. He's now having a new project for a commercial building with which the initial phase is about to start next week. "I already invited Pie and Pluem."

"Sure. I badly want to go out with all of you." I pouted and he chuckled. It's also been months since our last hang out together. We really need to do some catching up. "Shall we drink?" I giggled. I might have been a light drinker before but guess what? I'm not anymore.

"Anything you want, Metawin." He once again laugh at my statement and focused on the files he's scanning. "How's the progress of sir Mike's residential house?"

"Almost done with the curing of the beams of the second floor. Column forms for the third floor are just placed yesterday when I went to visit the site."

"That's great. Laying out of blocks for the walls will be next after a month." Adrian exclaimed with which I nodded in response. The house will be done very soon and I can't wait to finally see it furnished.

While I was pouring my attention in designing the integrity of a structure that was proposed to the firm earlier, a beep coming from my phone pulled me out my focus.

[Lunch? I'm done here at the laboratory.] It was from Joss which I immediately looked at my wristwatch and it's now past 12 noon. Damn, I didn't notice the time quickly went by.

"Adrian? Let's go eat lunch?" I looked at the person beside my office table and he's still busy on his blueprints.

"Pass. I have to finish this by 1pm." He briefly said as he frowned. I quickly stood up from my chair and went to Joss which is now waiting for me downstairs.

"Hey." I shortly said pulling his attention while beaming a smile.

"Let's go?" Joss greets me which I nodded in response. "Busy lately huh?"

"Just some paperworks and site visits." I shrugged before entering his car. "Missed me that much?" I teasingly said while he raise an eyebrow towards me.

"You just want me to treat you lunch, Metawin. I know you too well." He scoffed as he threw me daggers which immediately made me laugh.

Joss and I actually just grabbed our lunch near the parameter since Joss needs to go to a site location for an inspection and a possible soil sample extraction. When we were done eating, we immediately left the restaurant we had our meal and went straight to the firm with which he just dropped me off because he's running late now.

"Architect Pam?" My brows immediately furrowed as I see her as soon as I got back to the firm with which she shoots a smile towards me. "Is there something wrong at the site?"

"No there isn't engineer, don't worry. I was actually going to call you a while ago but I decided to just go here at the firm." She softly remarked which made me throw a questioning look. "The interior designer of the house will come here to check the floor plans."

"That's great. Do you know the interior designer personally?"

"Yes. He's actually worked with various architects in the US and he is here at Bangkok to grace some projects handled by our architectural firm." Architect Pam smiles as I nodded in response.