Chapter 38: I'm Home

It's been 2 days ever since the encounter of Win and Joss, and with which Win is thankful enough that he hasn't bothered him yet ever since. Their confrontation must've been too painful for Win, but it doesn't hide the fact that Joss did nasty things from the past and he deserves it.

"Win!" Pie exclaimed as soon as she noticed the other being too distracted. All of them are currently inside their office now and since they don't have some things that are related to work, they decided to just hang out in the firm and kill time.

"What?" Win beamed a smile towards her and quickly tossed the things that he has been scanning since earlier this morning.

"I'm asking if you're fine? You seem in distress." She raised an eyebrow towards him which the other just heaved a sigh and nodded.

"I'm totally fine. It's just that... I haven't seen Bright ever since that night." Win pouted while Adrian sat in front of Win's office table.

"Well, why don't you just go to him then?" Adrian nonchalantly remarked which made the other chuckle in disbelief. "Now, at least you've known the truth—might as well go on with it. You don't have to hide in the past anymore, Win."

"You've known ever since, right?" Win bit his lip as he frowned in frustration which made the other smile wearily. "Why didn't you tell me sooner..."

"We wanted to, Win. But Bright doesn't want to make you feel burdened nor stress yourself too much once again because of him." Pluem scoffed and Win plops his back on his chair. He just stared at the ceiling as if it's giving him convenience.

"He has been protective to you even if he's far away. Of course, we are too. Well if you could have told us that you're still waiting for him all throughout the years..." Pie exclaimed giddily which made all of them laugh.

"I'm sorry... but thank you guys—for always being there with me. I owe a lot to you." Win gently said as he beamed a smile towards them.

"I've known that Bright won't do things like that, but that doesn't mean I'm invalidating what you have felt before. You have every right to get mad at him. But Win, definitely loves you with all his heart." Adrian remarked as he heaved a sigh and tilted his head as if remembering things from the past. "Remember that night your dad had stroke? Well, at first I didn't know the exact detail of what happened but you quickly left from the café we were because of an emergency."

"Yeah, but what about it?" Win asked in confusion but quickly widens his eyes as a sudden realization strucks him. "D-did he...?"

"He didn't tell you?" Pie gasped as Win shook his head and bit his lip trying to suppress the sudden guilt that has engulfing him.

After Win rushed to leave, the three immediately bid each other their goodbye's and left the café. While Adrian was on his way to go home, he notices Bright in front of the campus and with which it seems like he was waiting for someone. Adrian quickly pulled over the side and beamed through his window.

"Bright? It's late. What are you doing here?" Adrian scoffed which made the other flash a smile.

"I'm waiting for Win." He shortly replied but the other looked at him in confusion.

"What? Her mom called earlier and I think there was an emergency because he immediately rushed to his car and left."

"W-why? What happened?" Bright's chest quickly heaves but Adrian just shrugged.