Chapter 10: It Feels Different

A few days had passed and my mind can't still leave its curiosity from Bright's posts. He also kept on bugging me for the past few days and calls me every night or even asks me to eat outside but I was always shy on asking him about the post.

It's just that I don't want to misinterpret what he just did, so as much as possible, I try to stop myself from overthinking but I just really can't.

"Win are you okay?" Adrian beside me asked and it immediately pulled me out of my recurring thoughts.

"Yeah, why?" I breathily said as I let out a heavy sigh.

We're currently here in the library to find some informative materials for our research works, but I just really couldn't focus that much. Our academic requirements become heavier each passing day and now, my mind is filling me up with things that isn't really necessary.

"You seem distracted. Is there a problem?" He asked as he closes the book from Hydraulics he's currently scanning from awhile ago.

"You can tell us what's wrong." Pie assured me and Pluem nodded.

"It's just that...." I sighed and looked away. "Nevermind."

"Tell us!" The three of them unconsciously yelled and we were almost scolded by the school librarian. We're on the fucking library for fuck's sake!

"Metawin you'll speak or I'll slap you with this book!" Pie taunted as she deliberately lifted the thick book she's holding and I giggled.

"Okay, now drop the fucking book Pie." I replied as I guide her hands off from the book. The sadist that she is!

"I don't know what to think about Bright's posts. It's making me overthink about it which I know I shouldn't and it's not even a big deal." I said as I run my fingers through my hair.

"Are you frustrated?" Pluem asked and it made my hand twitch.

"Yeah I guess. You know me, I always overthink when something bothers me or makes me curious."

"Then why don't you ask him? If it really makes you this frustrated?" Adrian replied and I heavily sighed.

"I wanted to... but, I'm too shy to ask him." I pouted. It's true, and I just don't want to make a fuss about it since maybe he's just teasing me or what. But something is really bothering me about it and I don't know what to do about it.

"Are you thinking that he likes you?" Pie scoffed and I feel my ears burning. I was thinking about that but of course, I know it will never happen.

As much as I'm concerned, Bright is straight. He even had a girlfriend before for fuck's sake. It's not gonna happen. And I won't accept that reason. I won't take it.

"No, of course not." I paused and the three of them sighed heavily. "I'm just curious about his intentions towards me. He just reappeared into my life and now I'm feeling things again that I know shouldn't."

"I have tried to bury my feelings for him for the past years, and now he came back and I'm back to zero." I continued as I became wary of the heaviness building up inside my chest. "And now he's giving me too much thinking about the way he acts around me. Yes, he's my bestfriend but this time, it feels weird."

"It feels different."

"What do you mean it's different?" Adrian now asked and my throat became dry.