Chapter 35

Ryan's pov
...........................

I was sitting in my office table and looking at the rogue matter. The door bursts open and Harry comes looking like shit.

"Hey"

"Hey, I came here because the rouges are seen now more frequently. We should increase the security. I feel something bad"

"Hmm OK. Why do you look like shit? Dint you sleep well"

"Lilly started dating Steve"

Uh-Oh

"OK, So what are you going to do?"

"I don't know man. I did some really jerk move obviously she'll hate me"

"What did you do?" I ask like a psychiatrist asks his patients.

"On the day of ceremony I saw Julie. I thought after seeing my mate automatically my playboy thoughts will go but after she started rubbing herself on me and I couldn't control. She started kissing my neck and pulled me into a secluded area. And lust covered the logical part of the brain and we did the deed. The door opened revealing Lilly she looked lost but when she saw us. She dint react at all. She saw us apologized and went away. I felt like my life was over. After that incident she never spoke to me. Then yesterday I got to know Steve proposed her. She agreed to him " his eyes were moist. I can't believe he did that. These days when I had been with Chloe, I got to know about Lilly too. She was kind girl and soo down to earth. He was damn lucky.

" Mate bound doesn't protect you it tells you that this person is best for you. It just gives you bonus points to win him/her. It doesn't act like a shield around. It makes you feel things you never felt but it is your choice whether to commit a grave mistake and break the bound or give yourself to that person. " I explained him.

I already knew the story. Chloe had told me the other day but I thought there must be some misunderstandings but hell no. For the first time I felt disappointed by him. I pat his shoulder and he leaves.

Today I hadn't gone to school cause of ALPHA duties and the rouges but Chloe promised that she'll be visiting me later.

............................................

Chloe's pov.

Today I and Lilly decided that we should have a girls time. So after visiting Ryan, I would go to her home and we would chill. It was break and there was this one question constantly forcing me to ask Lilly.

"Hey Lilly, did you agree to Steve just to piss Harry off?"

"No Chloe, after that incident I ran and collided with Steve. Before even telling you, I told him everything about how hurtful it was. We shared our past with each other. He said he even had feelings for me and just wanted to give us a chance. I hesitated at first but agreed. Then I asked him about his mate
He told me she died in cancer. It was hurting. But when he saw me he started feeling things again. After that incident, I started have feelings which were more than what friends feel. I don't know how it happened but it did. Maybe my wolf knew that Harry was not worth it or anything but she dint disagree with my feeling for Steve instead she was happy. Maybe the mate bound stopped after what he did. I don't know but I'm content with Steve and we both are happy. Do you have any problems? " she asked her voice breaking.

" No I'm happy for you "I said smiling truly cause I'm really happy for them. As long as they're happy everything is fine. After all both of them are my friends.

" Now let's talk about you and brother - in-law "she asked wiggling her eyebrows. Weird.

" Don't do that again with your eyebrows you look like donkey "she smiled cheeky at me and wiggled her eyebrows again.

Aghhh!!

The bell rings and we leave for our classes.
..............

Lilly's pov

I was really surprised that I dint feel any nagging feeling or guilt. Thinking of Steve brought a smile to my face. Maybe my wolf really hated Harry though as a mate I did feel sad for what he did.

I expected him to change. A playboy always a playboy. But now it doesn't effect me much.
I walk and my eyes meets Harry he smiles at me. I made my decision. I smile back at him. I search for Steve.

"Hey Steve, I've some work and I need your help"

"Anything for you senorita" I laugh and walk towards Harry.

"Hey Harry, I know we are mates but after that incident I can't forgive even if I try. My wolf  alread hates you and Steve here  has my heart. I know we should be ending up together but now i would feel shame on myself if I ever go back to you. Even if Steve doesn't want me now I don't care. I loved you but after that my love disappeared and now I have started developing feelings for this guy. " I turn towards Steve and say.

" I love you Steve "

" I love you too Lilly. More than ever. Your my life and if you go away, my breath stops and I die"he says looking directly at my eyes.  Suddenly someone rushes towards our side.

"I'm pregnant with your child, Harry" Julie said tears wetting her cheeks. I look towards Harry who was frozen to ground. Without wasting a minute I do what I want to.

"I Lilly Hans, reject Harry Black, as my mate. Sorry" I say and walk away with Steve.

The shocking thing is I never felt my heart breaking into pieces instead I felt as a weight had been lifted from my shoulders. I look at Steve who looks at me. I know that look. I turn and kiss him passionately. He returns it with same passion.

I thought without a mate a wolf is dead but I now I feel much more lively than before.

.................................................................

Can you guys pleas vote. No one votes my book. Is it nice or is it cliché and boring and you don't like it. Please vote 😪🙏
Love you