Chapter 7

Pip ran a few laps more than everyone else. Running cleared his head because his head had never been so busy. He felt Krey's eyes on him the entire time.

When Pip was struggling to push himself further, he stopped before running another lap. The field had emptied and only Krey and Pip were outside. He panted heavily and approached his mate who scooted over to give him room on the bench. Pip flopped down and wiped the sweat from his forehead.

"Good run?" Krey asked.

Pip nodded.

"You pushed yourself hard."

"I feel better for it." Pip got up again to stretch.

Krey watched him, like he always watched Pip during his cool down. He especially loved it when Pip stretched his arms and his t-shirt exposed the skin underneath. When Pip was done, Krey grabbed his waist and pulled him close. "I don't like seeing you upset," Krey said, holding his hips. Pip was looking down on him with beautiful blue eyes. Krey then stood and towered over Pip, staring with his intense russet eyes.

"I feel better today. I don't know why considering what we found out yesterday, but I'm relieved to finally be getting somewhere." Pip frowned and Krey's eyes softened. "I'm just eager to know more now."

"Me too." Krey eyed Pip's sweaty top. His scent was strong. "But first, you need a shower."

"Yeah, it's hot today." Pip drank from his water bottle and followed Krey inside.

"You're hot." Krey smirked.

Pip rolled his eyes. A grin crept onto his face.

Krey walked right behind him, just so he could keep hands on his waist. Pip kept slapping his hands away and squirming from Krey's lips that brushed the side of his neck. Other werewolves were familiar with their affection, but Pip could feel it rising and Krey sometimes got ahead of himself in public.

At first, Krey's hugs and kisses and warmth towards another person was odd for the wolves who had grown up seeing Krey at his worst, and Krey was at his worst a lot, until little Pippor taught him how to see the joys of life. One of those Joys was being with someone Krey loved. He was openly very affectionate towards Pip as if to say look at my mate. Look how lucky I am.

"Stop it," Pip chuckled and hurried down the corridor. Krey was only more tempted to touch him when Pip bit cutely into his bottom lip. His mate slipped through the door to the stairwell. He tried clambering the steps but Krey's hands were on his hips again. Krey pushed Pip into the bannister and for a moment, his body and face were so close, Krey felt Pip inhale against him, and their foreheads skimmed, and their noses touched.

Krey then kissed him like a hungry wolf, gripping Pip's face.

Pip grinned into the kiss and his hands found Krey's shoulders.

Krey pulled back to display a cheeky smile of his own before diving in for a passionate snog on the stairwell. They were still young and more in love than they had ever thought possible. They kissed often, and wherever they could. He then lifted Pip, feeling him wrap his legs around his waist and his hands around his neck. Krey parted their lips to watch his footing on the stairs, accidentally clocking eyes with his mother who stood only a few feet away. "What?" Krey barked at her amusement, suppressing his sudden embarrassment. He felt Pip tense against him.

"Don't mind me, just trying to use the stairs because, you know, this is how I get to and from my room." Makena slipped past them and through the door with a low laugh.

Pip flushed a deep red and buried his head into Krey's shoulder. "That was your fault."

"So, I imagined you kissing me back?" Krey scoffed and carried Pip all the way to the third floor. He burst into the bedroom and dropped Pip heavily on the bed.