~2~

Connor's POV

It's him. 

I looked out into the audience and spotted him. Though the bright stage lights were shining in my eyes, I could recognise him the moment he was in my view. It sort of shocked me that he was here. He actually came to the show! 

It's not like he came here for you, don't be so excited. But still he- oh shit. You're in the middle of a scene, pay attention! Stay in character.

I snap back into focus and continue the scene. 

It's kind of awkward just slow-motion punching someone centre stage. I must look so stupid. Oh god, Evan must think I look so stupid. Why did he have to come now I'm going to be self-conscious the entire time... Shit. Performing a sex scene in front of my high school crush will be so much fun. Shut up. Stay focused. It's fine. Well actually it's not fucking fine but just. Ugh

Evan's POV

Every time I see him in the halls, my mind goes straight back to that day...

~Flashback~

It was sometime in the end of May or early June. I had found an abandoned orchard with the mot amazing trees. I walked around for a while until I came upon the tallest tree, protruding far past the others, and towering over me. 

I felt the sudden urge to climb it. I wondered what the world might look like from up so high. I grab a branch, beginning to climb, and then move to another. I feel around to find a good grip on each branch, one foot after the other. I climb higher and higher until the entire sun shines in my face. I squint in the brightness. When my eyes were adjusted I looked around and saw the world from a whole new perspective. It was like nothing I had ever seen before. I felt like there was nothing else out there. Just me, the trees, the sun, and the breeze. It was just so peaceful.

You don't deserve this. You don't deserve anything. 

A wall of tears started to form and my vision blurred. 

Nobody likes you. You don't even have any real friends. 

I couldn't clear the voices in my head. 

Even your own mother just pretends to love you. You're the worst thing that has ever happened to her. You're nothing but a burden to everyone around you.

I tried to wipe the tears from my eyes. 

Nobody would care if they never saw you again. It would be better that way. 

I thought that I was right. I thought that maybe I could just make things better. It would be so easy. 

You're just a fucking loser. A nobody. You're worthless. You mean nothing. End it all. You know you want to. 

I gave in.  

I let go.

My heart stopped. All of a sudden, I was on the ground. My arm went numb. I was in shock. I just laid there waiting. I didn't know what to do. I wasn't even sure if I was still alive or just dreaming.

Then he was there. The dark figure casting a shadow on my face. "Holy shit. Holy shit. Are you okay? Can you hear me?" he asked frantically. 

I blinked and gave him a small nod. I couldn't speak. 

"I'm calling an ambulance. Don't worry, you're going to be alright." 

He slipped a hand under my head to support it and looked me in the eye. I was captivated by his gaze. His eyes were blue with a brown streak in his right eye. They were calming somehow. "You'll be alright" he said. 

And I was. Thanks to him. He found me. 

~~~

A/N ~ Sorry this chapter was kind of short. Should I write the flashback from Connor's point of view?

Sincerely, Me