~12~

Evan's POV (I promise it'll change soon haha)

I hear rapid footsteps coming into the room.

Is it the nurse again?

I look up.

It's Jared. 

Ohnonono he actually came what's he going to do? Help.

He frantically runs up to my bed and... hugs me?

"Evan I'm so sorry I didn't mean to hurt you I'm such an idiot and I just-" he realizes he's rambling and stops to take a breath. I hear him exhale shakily. Then... a tear rolls down his cheek??

What is happening right now? Is The Insanely Cool Jared Kleinman crying?!?

He lets out a full-on sob. And sniffs. 

Again...what is going on?!

"J-Jared?"

"Evan please don't ever leave me I know I act like such a fucking jerk to you but I really care about you and I don't want anything to ever happen to you. I'm so sorry about yesterday but I can explain," he says through tears.

I'm shocked. 

I- Since when was Jared emotional and sincere? What kind of poisonous bathbomb did he eat this time? 

"W-wait," I interrupt him. "So y-you don't ha-hate me?" I ask, perplexed.

"What? No of course not, Acorn. I could never hate you."

"ButyougotsomadandthenyoustormedoutafterItoldyouIwasbi. I-I thought you w-were homo-homophobic."

Jared laughs hysterically.

"Evan... I-," he clears his throat. "I'm pan."

He scratches the back of his head and gives me an awkward smile. 

Hold. Up. THE INSANELY COOL JARED KLEINMAN IS PANSEXUAL? 

Well actually I guess that explains why he's always making gay jokes but I just always thought he was borderline homophobic.  

"So...?" Jared hints that he's waiting for a reply. 

"S-sorry I-I just didn't, um, e-expect that," I say.

He laughs. "Yeah neither did I but here we are."

"S-so have y-you ever, um, liked a-a guy?" I ask.

Jared blushes. "Uh..."

I shouldn't have asked that. Shit.

"I'msosorrythatwasareallyweirdthingtoaskit'snoneofmybusinesssorry."

"No it's, uh, it's okay. I have actually."

Dang it now I really want to know who. But I can't ask that. I don't want to be invasive.

We sit in awkward silence for a couple minutes. 

"Sooooo," Jared fills the void. "Are you still going to the party? Are you gonna be out by then?"

"I-I don't really kn-know. I-I want to though."

"Wait. The Evan Hansen WANTS to go to a party? Wow this is a historic moment, folks!" Jared jokes. 

"Sh-shut up," I say with a laugh. "C-Connor is g-gonna be th-there a-and I really w-want to s-see him again-"

"Oh you know what? I actually just realised I have to go sorry, Acorn. I'll see you later." 

Jared gets off the hospital bed and turns to leave.

Wait what? Why-

"I gotta.. do.. school, sorry. I'll be back to visit though, don't worry. Okay, uh, bye Acorn," he says as we walks out and waves goodbye.

Jared hates school... What did I do?

A/N ~ Another chapter today woohoo. I feel like this story is gonna go on for way too long oof there's so much to do and it's already the 12th chapter. But I mean the chapters are relatively short, so it's all good right? I think.