~17~

Evan's POV

I finally got out of the hospital. 

Connor came to pick me up, he was so sweet. We went back to his place to hang out for a little while before he drove me back home. 

And we may or may not have made out...

His parents weren't home and then we were on his bed when he kissed me and it just sort of happened. 

I was always so scared that it would be super awkward cause well... I hadn't actually made out with anyone before. But it felt really natural with Connor. 

And he was so nice and gentle. 

I just love him so much. 

After that we just cuddled until my mom called me and wanted me to come home for Taco Friday. 

And yes, I know it's supposed to be Taco Tuesday. But we couldn't do it on Tuesday so we postponed it. We'd actually been wanting to do that for a while so it was great. Mom even took a night off especially for me. 

I get a notification from my phone and check the message. It's from the group chat. 

NerdGirl: Hello friends! Are you all excited for the party? I sure am. 

The party is today. I gotta admit I'm a little nervous because I haven't been to one in a really long time. I mean you sort of need more than one friend for that so, yeah. 

ThotTopic: i guess

InsanelyCoolKid: Sure

YaLikeJazz?🎼: Hell yes!

If everyone else is responding I should probably respond too. Should I be enthusiastic? I don't know, Connor and Jared were playing it cool so maybe I should too. 

But Zoe was really enthusiastic and I could balance it out by also being enthusiastic.

Ugh I don't know.

Treeboi: Yeah I can't wait

That looks good, right? Cause I'm being casual and enthusiastic but not too enthusiastic cause I left out the exclamation mark. Yeah that's good.

I should probably start getting ready soon. Jared is picking me up in two hours. 

I get dressed, comb my hair, and brush my teeth. I double check to make sure I still have the chips to bring with me. 

You can't go to a party empty handed and I thought chips would be the best because it's simple.

I hope it's not too simple though cause what if everybody else also brings chips and then there are just too many chips?

Can my anxiety just shut up for once?

About an hour of stressful overthinking later, Jared honks his car in the driveway. 

I grab the chips, put on my nicer sneakers and head out the door. 

Jared stares at me while I scurry down the driveway.

Oh no, do I look bad? Maybe I overdressed. Or underdressed. Is my hair a mess? Fuck.

"H-hey," I stutter as I get in the car. "Wh-what's up?"

"Uh, nothing." He pauses and clears his throat. "What's with the outfit?"

Fuck I was right, I look stupid. Oh god. 

"It's not bad. It's just different," he says.  

Oh. 

"I like it actually."

Wait what?

"Oh, uh, th-thanks."

I thought that for a party I should wear something I don't usually wear because I don't usually go to parties. So I'm wearing slightly ripped black skinny jeans with a striped blue button-up that's unbuttoned with a white T-shirt under it. I didn't think it was anything special. And it isn't. But I guess it is pretty different from what I usually wear. Especially since I basically wear the same thing every day. 

"Um, y-you look g-good too," I tell Jared.

He didn't really look particularly great or anything but I wanted to return the compliment cause Jared isn't usually this nice to me. 

Jared doesn't respond so I look out the window and name each different kind of tree I see along the way. 

After about 10 minutes or so, we arrive outside Connor's house. 

Seeing it again, the memory from yesterday flashes into my mind. I blush.

"You ready to go?" Jared asks as he opens the car door. 

I nod and get out of my seat. 

We walk up the front steps and ring the doorbell. 

"Geez, these guys must be rich. They're probably spoiled," Jared comments.

I furrow my eyebrows, but before I can say anything, the door swings open. 

Zoe stands in front of us, Alana close behind her. 

"Hey guys!" Zoe greets. 

And thus begins the anxiety-inducing human interaction. Fun.

A/N ~ So I didn't end up getting to the actual partying in this chapter yet. I'm definitely gonna need a ton of chapters for this one day but I have SO MUCH planned and I can't wait hehehehe. I might be a little bit evil at one point but also a lot of cute things.  You've been warned.

Stay gay everybody!

Sincerely, Me