~8~

Evan's POV

Oh god. Fuck fuck fuck. What do I do?? Connor was asking me on a date!  How could I be so stupid? 

My mind races. 

Now you're gonna have to tell him that you just thought you were friends and he's gonna be crushed and- 

Wait. If Connor actually asked me on a date... does that mean he likes me?

My heart is beating out of my chest. 

Why would Connor like me? The first time we met I was a pathetic mess. I was just broken on the ground when he found me. I'm such a loser, what could he possibly like about me?  I'm not funny or interesting I'm just awkward and anxious and I'm just a burden to everyone. 

"Evan? Are you okay?" Connor interrupts my thoughts. 

I realise that I had been silent for several minutes, beads of sweat were rolling down my face, and my face was burning red. 

"Um, I-I-"

What do I tell him? I can't just say something like "well my stupid ass didn't know this was a date and I don't actually like you whoops my bad."  That would be really hecking rude. But well... I mean... maybe I do kind of sort of like him?

Wait. Holy shit do I like Connor Murphy? 

No no no I'm not gay. Remember?  The whole liking girls thing?  

Yeah I definitely do like girls. But... there's this weird feeling in my stomach when I'm around Connor. I kind of thought  it was just kidney failure or appendicitis. But now I'm thinking... 

What if I do like him? I mean he's funny and really nice to me and he has stunning blue eyes with that perfect brown streak and he has gorgeous hair and his lips look so soft- 

Yep yeah I definitely like him. I can like girls and guys right?

God you're such a freak. You can't even pick a side. 

Well you know what it doesn't matter because I think I kind of really do like Connor. And if he wanted to go on a date with me, that means... he likes me back. 

OH MY GOD CONNOR MURPHY LIKES ME AND I LIKE HIM AND WE'RE ON A FREAKING DATE!

Oh shit right we're on a date.

Connor is staring at me with a concerned look on his face. 

"Evan?" 

"Y-yeah  sorry I-I um... I'm good."

He looks at me cautiously. 

"R-really I'm f-fine. S-sorry I j-just um, y-yeah, I would l-love a second d-d-date " 

His expression softens and he goes back to eating his ice cream. 

I can't help but smile at him. 

God he's beautiful

And for once I actually meant it when I said that I'm good. I'm really really good. 

A/N ~ I hope you liked this chapter! I finally planned out what I want to happen in the book and I know I'm gonna really enjoy writing the next few chapters so I'll be writing a lot more. Maybe even more today! Also does anyone have any suggestions for usernames that Alana, Zoe, and Jared would use? Let me know!

Sincerely, Me