Chapter 4

-Ashton's P.O.V-

I grabbed my phone from my bedside table, needing to look something up.

After thinking over it I nod and place my phone down before getting up for the day. I need to go pick Mikey up so we can both go to university.

I'm 19 while Michael is 18 nearly 19.

-

I grab my keys, shouting a bye to my mum and siblings and grabbing an apple before heading to the car. Once I arrive, I make sure my bag is still in the car from yesterday before driving to Mikey's.

I play music as I drive to his, tapping my hands on the wheel as I do so.

-

"Sup dude." Michael says sitting beside me in the passenger seat.

"Hey Mikey, how's life." I say, turning the music down slightly.

He seems to think for a while before beaming brightly saying, "Amazing. I'm still so happy about us being in a sort of band. You?"

I nod in agreement, "Yeah, same. Although I still feel like something's missing, I don't know though. Oh, speaking of our 'band' I need to go get more drumsticks later, you need anything or wanna come?"

I glance at Mikey before moving my eyes back to the road.

"Could you just get me some more guitar strings please, I gotta stay after classes anyway so I wouldn't be able to come."

I nod replying, "okay, I'll get them for you."

"Thanks Ashyyyy." He says, stretching the last letter out.

I hum and continue driving on, thinking about the music store I'm going to later. Shockingly I had never been there because the one I normally go to got shut down, so I had to look it up. But it looks good.

"Let's go." I say, as I stop the car at the university and get out.

Mikey quickly follows after me as we walk in to start classes.

-

As soon as uni is finished I jump in the car and look up directions to the shop.

I ended up staying longer than normal as classes ran over a little.

On the way I played music, while drumming my fingers to the beat and singing along loudly.

-

I pulled up to the store and didn't see anyone in there but knew it was open from the sign on the door.

I silently push the door open and hear a guitar being played an amazing voice singing.

I walk closer and see a blonde haired boy, probably around the same age as me singing a song and strumming the guitar with his eyes closed.

I stay quiet not wanting to disturb him and make him stop. His voice is so good, and his voice holds so much emotion.

" 'Cause I'm not fine at all
No, I'm really not fine at all
Tell me this is just a dream
'Cause I'm really not fine at all."

As he finishes the song, he opens his eyes, and we make eye contact. His blue eyes shine in the light and his eyes seem to hold so much pain and sadness.

"Wow. That was amazing." I mutter, my eyes transfixed on him.