Chapter 11

-Luke's P.O.V-

My arm hurts, a lot.

And I'm not dead. I don't know how to feel about that actually.

I hear my phone buzzing over and over again. I groan as I see all the blood on me and around me.

I see Cal is calling me and use my unharmed arm to pick up.

"LUKE ARE YOU OKAY?" Cal shouts down the phone.

I wince at how loud he is and whimper silently when my arm throbs in pain.

"Yeah Cal Pal, I'm fine, sorry for worrying you." I reply.

"Lukey, are you sure?" Cal asks, his voice full of worry and concern.

Tears brim in my eyes and silently drip down my face.

"I'm fine Cal." I whisper, and even I don't believe it this time.

I hear him take in a breath before saying, "I love you so much Luke."

He hangs up before I have the chance to reply and I hear a knock on the door. A part of me knows it's Cal, and that I should clean up before he comes. But another part of me says to not, to let him see, to let him try and help.

I know what I have to do though. I can't let him see, can't let him know that I'm not okay. I can't put that weight on his shoulders.

So, instead I throw on a hoodie, and throw everything off my bed and into the also bloody bathroom.

I wince at the feel of my arm, it feeling like it's being stabbed repeatedly.

As I walk downstairs, I look at my arm and see my hand is still covered in blood, and a cut must of reopened because there is a little blood growing on my sleeve. I sigh and just pull my sleeve over my hand and hope he won't notice.

As soon as I open the door, I feel arms wrap me and pulling me into a familiar chest. I wrap my arms around his torso, keeping my left hand a little lose as that's the one hurt.

Cal pulls away and looks into my eyes, I can see the worry and concern lodged deep within his soul, shining out of his eyes.

"Lukey, I know you're not okay. But I love you so much, you're my best friend and I could never lose you." He says looking directly into my eyes.

I fall back into the hug, and Cal wraps his arms back around me without hesitation.

"I love you too Cal." I whisper into him.

He pulls away only slightly and says, "You wanna go to school or not?"

I shake my head mumbling, "I don't want to go."

He pulls away completely, and I make sure to keep my left arm out of his view.

"Okay Lukey, go get changed and I'll call my mum to tell the school we aren't coming." Cal says making me frown a bit.

"You're staying?" I ask, my voice just above a whisper.

Cal nods saying, "Sure am, I'm not leaving you alone today."

I don't argue back, knowing he knows something is up. And honestly, I don't wanna be alone after what happened.

I nod and then go upstairs, where I clean up my arm and put everything bloody in the machine before walking back downstairs feeling a little better.

I sit beside Cal as he finishes his conversation on the phone.

"I just called mum, she said it's okay and she is telling them both of us can't go." Cal explains.

I nod and then look at him, "Do you know Ash?"

Cal nods replying, "Yeah I met him yesterday when I left the store. Why?"

"Well, he- shit." I mumble as I remember he text me.

"Hold on a second." I say pulling my phone out.

I go to Ash's contact and see more texts from him.

Ash- Luke? Is this you?

Ash- Lukey are you okay?

Ash- Luke I'm getting worried now please text me back.

I quickly type back.

Me- Yeah Ash sorry, I fell asleep when I got home and didn't wake up until long ago.

I don't lie, but I also don't say the whole truth.

"Okay, sorry, where was I?" I ask, looking at Calum with an apologetic smile.

He shakes his head fondly saying, "Don't worry. And something about Ashton."

I nod and then say, "He asked if I wanted to be in a band."

I watch as his eyes light up after hearing that and he hastily replies with, "And what did you say. You said yes right?"

"Well, kind of." I say.

"What do you mean by that?" He asks, giving me a sceptic look.

I smile slightly looking to him and saying, "Well I said I wouldn't do it without you."

I see Cal's eyes light up and he beams brightly at me, "Really Lukey?"

"Uh huh. Ash agreed and said we can all hang out tomorrow with his friend called Michael who is also in the band." I explain as I lean back on the sofa.

"Oh wow, Lukey you're honestly the best. You know that right." Cal says looking at me in happiness.

'He doesn't mean it.'

I smile only slightly and nod.

"You wanna finish learning the song I wrote?" I ask.

Calum nods replying, "definitely, it's really good Luke, I'm proud of you for writing that."

The smile that settles on my face isn't fake this time. It's genuine. I ignore the voice saying he is lying, because sure maybe he is, but I don't care. My arm throbs with the constant reminder of what could happen, so this will be a good distraction.

"I'll go grab the guitars and stuff." I say, standing up and heading to where everything is.

As I go to the room I felt my phone vibrate and I pulled it out of my back pocket.

Ash- Thank God you're okay. I was so worried.

Me- Sorry Ash, oh and I spoke to Cal and he wants to meet as well.

Ash- Nice, Michael is down as well. I'll see you at the store later?

Me- Yeah, Cal will be there as well I'm pretty sure.

Ash- Okay, should I bring Mikey as well?

Me- If you want sure.

Ash- Okay, see ya later Lukey.

Me- Byee.

I walk back down to Cal with a guitar and bass in hand and the lyrics and chords.

As I place everything down, I turn to Calum saying, "Are you coming to work with me?"

Cal nods and says, "Yup, I'm not leaving your side for the rest of the day."

I smile fondly at that, grateful to have such an amazing friend.

"Thanks Cal, and Ash said he's going to come and bring Michael. Is that okay?" I question.

Cal picks up the bass and says, "All good with me. Let's do this thing Lukey."