Chapter 13

-Luke's P.O.V-

We both walk in, and I don't see Ash anywhere, so I head to the counter.

Joey is there again and gives me a big smile.

I smile a little back and say, "Hey Joey, is it okay again is Cal stays, and two other people are coming?"

Joey sighs but once he looks at me, he shakes his head saying, "Okay Luke, only because I trust you, but don't let them be a bother or get in the way of customers. I'll be in the back like always."

I let out a sigh of relief, "thanks."

I watch as Cal picks up a guitar and turns to me with a huge smile. I regard him with an amused shake of my head as I step behind the register.

"Oh, come on Lukey, lets practice." Cal pouts looking at me with puppy eyes.

I roll my eyes fondly, "No Cal Pal, I have to work." I retort.

"Pleaseeeeee." He begs, dragging out the 'E'.

I glance around the shop and see no customers, "fine." I mumble.

Calum cheers and hands me the guitar while he grabs a bass guitar.

"Ready?" I ask.

He doesn't respond and instead starts to play his bass, with my quickly following behind.

"I drove by all the places we used to hang out getting wasted..." Cal begins to sing.

-

"Tell me this is just a dream
'Cause I'm really not fine at all." I sing the end.

Clapping snaps both of us out of our trance and we both snap our heads up.

Ashton stands there, looking shocked, just like the first time he heard me, and another boy around our age.

The boy has white hair, that looks a little all over the place, but suits him. And he has green eyes that shine brightly.

"Woah guys." Ashton says, looking at us in awe.

I blush a little and look down, slightly embarrassed.

"Hey Ash." Cal greets him, while I stay quiet and looking down.

"Hey Cal, hey Lukey, this is Michael." He introduces.

I shyly wave, feeling a little anxious all of a sudden.

"Hi guys, that was actually amazing. You know that right." Michael says, looking at me and Cal, his eyes glowing with happiness.

I wish I could be that happy, nowadays I barely feel happy, and when I do it's not for long and always diminishes.

"Thank you, I only just learnt it today actually. Lukey was the one to write the song." Cal exclaims, placing a hand on my shoulder.

Michael looks at me with a huge smile and says, "Well it was really good Luke."

"Thanks Michael." I whisper, a smile on my face that doesn't quite reach my eyes.

"You both can call me Mikey." He says, to both Cal and I.

We nod as Ash says, "So how was school?"

When he says that I can feel my arm throb, reminding me of all the pain and hatred I hold for myself. I swallow hard trying to ignore the nagging thoughts in my brain and the pain in my arm.

"We didn't go today." Cal says, looking to me with a worried glance.

Ash seems to catch this, as does Mikey as they look at us with concern.

"Oh, why?" Ash asks, glancing at us both in worry.

Cal looks to me, "Can I tell them?"

I shrug and bite my lip, I look into his eyes, conveying that I don't want him to tell them about my self harm, that Cal thought was getting better.

He understood straight away and gave me a sad smile.

"This morning I went to pick Luke up, but he wasn't answering his phone or coming out. Then he finally picked up the phone and I went to the door, and he wasn't ready. And he had a sort of breakdown, and he didn't want to go to school. So, I said I was staying with him, and staying with him here as well." Calum explains, sounding upset.

I see Mikey's and Ash's faces morph into concern as they both look to me in obvious worry. I want the floor to swallow me, knowing I don't deserve their worry.

"Lukey, are you okay?" Ash asks, I take note of the nickname he has given me, like Cal, and it makes me feel a little happy honestly.

"Yeah Ash, I'm fine." I mumble, not meeting his eyes.

Ash doesn't seem very convinced, honestly none of them do, but thankfully Calum shakes his head at the two of them indicating not to ask.

Mikey claps his hands together and says, "Well, let's get to know each other."

We all nod, and I say, "I have to make sure to keep an eye on the store though."

Everyone agrees and Cal says, "So where do we begin?"