Chapter 42

-Luke's P.O.V-

Wednesday rolled around quick and before I knew it, I was back in Calum's car and heading towards his house.

"I hate that we can only see them on certain days." I pout while Calum pulls up to his house.

Cal nods in agreement and says, "I'm with you on that one. But sooner or later we'll probably always be all together and get annoyed with each other."

I shake my head, "I could never get annoyed with being around you all. You and Mikey are my best friends and Ashy is my boyfriend, I love spending time with you all. But I would get if you get annoyed with me." I mumble the ending.

"Aww no Lukey, you know what I meant. And if I get annoyed at anyone it's Ash because he keeps stealing my best friend." Calum jokes, I send him a smile and shake my head in fondness.

"Come on, let's go." Calum says while getting out the now stationary car.

I hop out the car with my guitar in hand and backpack in the other. We now usually play about with music at Calum's and properly practice at Michael's house.

Once we got in we both collapsed onto the sofa, taking in the silence of the house. But this silence was a nice one, as the homely vibes shone throughout the whole house.

"Lukey, can I see?" Calum whispers from beside me.

That had become code for asking to see my wrists. The damage on my wrists was still bad, and you could obviously see the scars that would most likely lay there permanently, and it hurt me, knowing they'll always be there. But I knew I had no right to complain, after all, it was my fault, and I deserved it.

I nod while pulling up my sleeves. Calum takes both my hands in his and turns them over, so my wrists are on full show. His eyes trail over all the cuts and I can still see the sadness that settles in his eyes when he sees them.

The guilt eats away at me and sits heavily in my chest, reminding me of the fact that I'm lying to my best friend, and that I'm still not okay.

"I'm proud of you Luke." He whispers, and it breaks my heart.

'You don't deserve him.'

I hug him tightly while shaking my head, he wraps his arms around me making me feel protected.

"What's wrong." He questions while still holding me close.

I shake my head again, knowing I can't tell him what it is otherwise he would hate me so much, and I don't want that.

Before he can ask me more questions there is a knock at the door, and I can hear Mikey and Ash out there talking loudly. Calum lets out a sigh and pulls away from me before saying, "we'll talk about this later okay. You can talk to me about anything."

I nod but know I won't tell him about this. As he opens the door and I see them both I then remember my wrists are still on full show. Hastily I pull down my sleeves before the other two can see the damage caused.

The next thing I register is a body colliding with mine and someone lifting me up to sit on their lap. Straight away I know it's Ash and I smile as I cuddle into his chest.

"Hey babe." He whispers into my ear while kissing along my jaw.

I look up and into his eyes and smile, "Hey Ashy bear."

He kisses me gently and pulls away only just, "guess what." He murmurs with a smile playing on his lips.

I think for a moment and say, "What?"

He leans in and kisses me again before pulling away only just like last time, "I missed you." He says with a smile.

I lean in and capture his lips in mine, and just when he was about to take control I pull back and say, "I missed you too."

He glares playfully at me and I roll off his lap and throw myself over to Mikey and Cal. Both of them look up and smile when they see me. I fall onto Michael in a hug and smile, "Hi Mikey."

He laughs and says, "Hey Penguin, what's up?"

"Nothing, just wanted to say hi, and give hugs." I reply nonchalantly.

Laughing once again he wraps his arms around me and hugs me.

"Hey, give me my boyfriend back." I hear Ash say from in front of us.

I move from Mikey and lift my arms to Ashton who smiles fondly and pulls me up and holds me. I somehow manoeuvre myself onto his back and wrap my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist.

"Lukey, what are you doing?" He chuckles.

I shrug lightly and say, "Just hugging you because you're the best and cuddly. And I don't want to walk."

My head rests on his shoulder and he turns his head to look at me before pecking my lips.

"Lucky for you, I like you a lot so I shall carry you. If it were one of those two though I wouldn't be impressed." He says while walking back to where we were sat.

Calum pouts as does Mikey, "that's mean Ash." Calum pouts.

Ashton shrugs and places me carefully onto the sofa.

"So what should we do my peoples?" I ask, earning a chuckle from them all.

"We could watch some marvel. Lukey and I never got through them all on Monday." Calum says while I nod along.

Mikey and Calum sit beside us on the sofa and Michael says, "Monday? Were we not invited?"

Calum laughs a little and says, "Kitten, he and I had Monday off and I haven't had much Lukey time on my own. And we've always loved marvel. I'm sorry you and Ash weren't here."

I frown and say, "Sorry Mikey, sorry Ashy."

Mikey shakes his head and smiles, "It's fine guys, I was just messing."

I smile and lean back into Ash and he wraps his arms around me. "How are you?" He questions while Calum sets the film up.

"I'm okay thanks, always better when you're around though." I reply with a smile.

He kisses my cheek and says, "That's good. Whenever I'm around you I'm happier."

I smile and snuggle into his chest as the film starts.

-

Halfway through the film Michael's phone starts to ring. He frowns and Calum pauses the film as Mikey answers.

"Hello?" He says, rather confused.

I can hear someone talking on the other end of the line and he says, "Yeah, that's me. And I'm with them now."

I frown, wondering who it was and what they wanted.

"Wait, you're serious." He says with wide eyes.

Someone says something and he says, "Okay, can I- can I call you back?"

He nods and says, "Yeah okay bye."

We all look at him while he stares wide eyed at the phone.

"What is it?" Calum asks while grabbing his free hand.

Michael looks up and looks at us all before saying something none of us ever expected.

"That was- that was an agent. They want to sign us and take us on tour, with an album."