Chapter 22

-Luke's P.O.V-

I sit beside Mikey as we begin to make the channel.

"Okay, so name. 5 Second of summer, should we all take a photo together, for the profile picture, or have a symbol?" Cal asks, on the other side of Mikey, while Ash is beside me.

"Oh oh, I got an idea about that last night." Michael begins.

I look at him and say, "So what did you get?"

"Well, I thought we could have like a tally chart of five. But they get kinda bigger and stuff, I drew it out." He explains, pulling out a crumpled piece of paper from his back pocket.

We all look over at it, and Ashton says, "Oh dang, that's awesome, I'm sure I could do it on the computer or something, if all else fails we can just take a picture of it."

"I can't believe we are actually doing this." I mumble to myself.

"Neither, but this will be so cool." Calum says, giving me a huge smile, which I happily return.

-

After setting up the YouTube channel, with the new symbol and our name as a photo, we decided to begin the cover.

I take a steadying breath as Mikey sets up the camera in front of us all.

"You can do this Lukey, you're amazing, people will love you." Ash encourages from beside me.

I smile lightly and say, "Same goes for you, and your drumming skills."

He smiles brightly and his eyes light up before he grabs his drumsticks and walks to his drum kit and sits behind it.

"Who wants to introduce it?" Mikey asks.

"Why don't you say the name of our band and everything, then we can go around the group and say what we do, and something like that. Then we say what song we do and do it?" Cal asks.

"Sounds good to me." Ash says, Mikey and I agreeing, even though I can feel the fear growing.

I hold my guitar close to me, like a barrier and shield. Mikey grabs his and Cal already has his bass in hand.

"Ready?" Michael asks, looking at us all individually.

"Ready." I whisper, clutching my guitar in hand.

Everyone is ready and Mikey turns the camera on to record.

"Hey guys. We're 5 seconds of Summer, also known as 5sos. I'm Michael Clifford, also called Mikey, I'm 18 and I'm a guitarist, and do some vocals here and there." Mikey begins with confidence.

"Hi, I'm Calum Hood, also called Cal. And I'm also 18 and play the bass, and also a vocalist." Calum says, with a big smile.

I take that as my cue and take a deep breath before saying, "Hi, I'm Luke Hemmings, I'm 17. I play the guitar and am a vocalist."

I praise all the Lords that I didn't stutter, and although my voice wasn't that loud it was still clear.

"Hey, I'm Ashton Irwin, also called Ash, and I'm 19. I'm the drummer of the band. And like Mikey said, we're 5 seconds of summer." Ash says, and I can hear the smile on his face.

"Today, we will be playing 21 guns by Green Day. Enjoy." Cal says.

"1. 2. 1 2 3 4." Ash says before beginning to play.

We all follow his lead and I can feel my nerves vanish as I embed myself in the music and being with my friends.

I move closer to the mic and begin to sing, my voice doesn't falter nor waver through the whole thing, and soon a huge smile is on my face as I play the guitar and sing the lyrics.