Chapter 46

-Ash's P.O.V-

When Luke and Mikey leave, I begin to think of everything.

I've always noticed Luke wears long sleeved things, and the time I went to go see him to first time and he had said he had a cut on his wrist. I didn't think much of it at the time as he said he had somehow cut it.

But over time I've noticed the sadness in his eyes, and the fact sometimes his smile doesn't reach his eyes. And he just seems so, down.

The fact that Calum always seems worried and always asked me to tell him if something was wrong with my Penguin made me worried. Luke has always been worried about what people think, and that he might be a burden.

A part of me begins to piece it all together, but I refuse to believe what I think it is.

"Calum." I say looking up with worried sad eyes.

He looks up from his phone and meets my eyes, and frowns when he sees my sad look. "Yeah Ash, what's wrong?" He questions.

I take a deep breath and reply, "if I say this, promise you'll tell me the truth."

He thinks for a moment before saying, "Maybe."

I take that as the best I can get. "I know- I know Luke isn't okay. But- it's just, I've noticed somethings. And, does he- does he hurt himself." I choke out, trying to not cry my heart out at the thought.

I watch as Calum tenses before saying, "I don't think- I can't tell you."

"Calum. Just tell me okay, because I don't like Luke, not the way I like you. You, you're my best friend. But Luke, I-I love him. Please just tell me the truth. I want to help him." I say, tears falling down my face.

I hear something outside, but I take no notice of it, wanting to make sure I pay attention to what Calum says or does.

He lets out a long sigh before looking up at me with tears in his eyes. He just silently nods while not being able to meet my eyes. More tears fall down my face, knowing I wasn't able to help him or know.

"Please tell me you're lying." I whisper, hoping it's just a mean joke.

Calum shakes his head once again and says, "I found out about a year ago. I thought- I thought he had stopped. But not long after we all met, I found out he was still doing it. But- but he has been clean for a few months. I hope- but I-I don't know."

I choke on a sob as I shake my head constantly.

"I need to find him. Where is- where is my penguin." I murmur, trying to keep my erratic breathing under control.

-Mikey's P.O.V-

I left Luke after he had got Pengy and go to see Milo, who said he needed to talk to me about something to do with the show.

It only took about 5 minutes to talk to him, and it wasn't anything that interesting, so I decided to start walking back to the dressing room where the others were.

Just as I rounded the corner Luke went running past and I could see the tears spilling from his eyes and the sadness.

"LUKE." I shouted after him, being worried for my best friend. I had never seen him so sad and upset, and it worried me of what happened.

He didn't turn around nor stop, he just kept running.

I run down to the dressing room and when I reach the door, I see Pengy dropped on the floor in front of the door. I frown even deeper, knowing something must have happened for him to just drop Pengy and run.

I pick Pengy up and push the door open, seeing Calum and Ashton both in tears. I frown wondering what happened.

"Guys what happened? Why are you crying, I just saw Luke running down the hall in tears." I exclaim, wondering what was wrong.

Both their eyes go wide as they look at me.

"Where- where did he go." Ashton says, standing quickly with Calum following.

"Down the hall. What's going on guys? I'm worried." I say, not liking their panicked expressions.

They both began to leave when Calum looked at me with so much worry and panic that it scared me to death. "We'll explain later." He says before grabbing my hand and pulling me after them both.