Chapter 48

-Luke's P.O.V-

Ash wraps his arm around me and leads me back to the dressing room. My wrists are wrapped, and the blade was taken from me, but I don't mind.

A few of the crew looked at us with sympathy, seeming as I was now wearing Ash's short sleeve top and you could still see some blood that was on my wrists.

Everyone still had tears in their eyes, but we're all a little calmer. I had apologised many times, feeling terrible, but they had reassured me many times.

Once we get in there we sit down on the sofas, me beside Ash practically sat on him because neither of us wanted to be a part. I lean my head against his shoulder and angle my body to lean against him. He wraps his arm around me and keeps me close.

"Lukey, someone wants to see you." Mikey says from opposite me.

I look up and see Pengy sat in front of me and I can't help the smile that takes over my face.

I reach out and grab Pengy and hold him close to me, feeling a lot happier having him and them all them all there.

"Thanks Mikey." I say feeling better with everyone with me.

"Luke, can you- can you tell us why?" Ash asks while keeping his grip on me tight.

I take a steadying breath and nod, knowing it's the least they deserve. I lean into Ash again, and grip Pengy before I begin.

"I guess, when I was younger, I just started to feel like maybe I wasn't good enough. Then one day I just- I cut my hand. And I decided it made me feel better, and like I deserved it. And when my brothers left, and my parents became worse to me. I became worse.

I was at Calum's and when he jokingly stole my phone. I reached out to get it, but my sleeves fell and he saw them. He made- he made me promise, and I felt so bad when I didn't do it. But I couldn't stop it. And I thought, maybe everyone would be better off without me." I can feel Ashtons arm around me tighten.

"My parents started to hate me more, and just not care about me. But I started to agree with them, like maybe I just don't matter anymore. But then- then I met you Ash, and you Mikey, and we would always spend time together and when I was around you three, I started to feel so much better.

And Cal I- I really did try to stop the second time, but it got so hard. So I started to cut my legs. But I guess it wasn't as bad, until yesterday when I told my parents that I was going on tour. They said some things and kicked me out. And everything was getting so much worse then I hear what Ash said and it broke me."

Tears fall down my face as everyone stays silent with Ash keeping his arms tightly around me. I look down at Pengy, not looking anywhere else.

Calum is the first one to break the silence, "Luke, I'm not angry, or disappointed. I know you tried, and that's all I can ask from you. But I love you so much, just like Kitten and Ash. We will always be here to help you, and I know it will be hard, but we will help you through it. And you know as a fact you can live with me and my family, my parents love you."

I smile at Cal as Mikey says, "I know we've only been friends for a few months, but Lukey you're my best friend. You're so adorable and without you this band wouldn't be a band. You're a part of our lives, such a big part, and we all love you. We'll always be here to help you if you need or if you just need a shoulder to cry on."

I beam at him brightly, knowing he was telling the truth. "Thank you, guys, you're the best- best friends I've ever had."

"Lukey, babe. The others have said what I wanted pretty much. But, no matter what I will always love you. I'll always be here to help you, and make sure you're okay. I'll never, ever leave you okay. You're my best friend, and my perfect boyfriend, I love you." He says while kissing me on the lips.

I look to him and smile, tears rising in my eyes. But this time they're happy tears.

"I love you too Ashy." I say while leaning up and kissing him.

There is a knock on the door and Milo walks in, looking at us in sympathy.

"I know this isn't a great time. But are you ready to perform?" He asks while looking giving us a sad smile. I take it he knows what happened.

Everyone looks at me and I nod.

"Do you want to put a long sleeve on Penguin?" Ash asks.

I look down at my wrists and shake my head, "I think I'll leave it. They're covered anyway."

I decide to let people see them, to let people know that they're not alone, even if they think they are.

Everyone smiles at me, and I smile back, feeling better than ever.

"Let's do this thing." Ash cheers as we walk towards the stage, where we can hear screams and shouts. I quickly clean my arms and make sure there is no blood seen before looking back to them. 

"I love you guys." I say giving them all a smile.

I hand Pengy to someone and they take him on stage and sit him beside the water as he is part of the band.

"We love you too." Ash says, he captures my lips in his and mumbles against them, "especially me."