11: Diamonds💎

Asa

Kosi dragged me kicking and screaming to Kam's house, that Monday.

She had partnered with Tasha, and together, they packed my bag for the so-called 'vacation' Kam had planned- I didn't have a good phone, but, according to Kosi our group chat was buzzing with excitement over the fact we were actually going to spend two weeks in Offshore- and literally strapped me to the back of Kosi's bubble gum pink lambo (the one Jemi gave her that she had tweaked a little.)

"I swear, I hate you right now." I glowered at Kosi, who was driving peacefully, humming happily to a Normani song that was crooning from the speaker.

"Whatever, bitch." She winked at me through the rearview mirror. "I'm doing this for your own good."

"Liar! He bribed you! I know he bribed you!"

She fingered her new diamond necklace that sat around her neck. "Well, what can I say? Diamonds are a girl's best friend."

"I thought I was your best friend."

Kosi laughed, good-naturedly. "Diamonds come first, Asa."

I kept quiet, my heart wouldn't stop pounding within me. My hands were sweaty as anxiety clugged my throat. It was getting harder to breathe, the more distance she covered.

"Asa," she whispered quietly, her voice, serious now. "You know I love you, right?"

I met her eyes on the rearview mirror.

"I'll never sell you out, if it wasn't for you own good." She said quietly, as she broke eye contact to focus on the road. "Kam loves you. That boy will die for you, Asa... I just don't want you to lose the love of your life just because you two are too stubborn to talk shit out. Hear him out, Asa, even if it's just once. Please?"

I sobered up at her soft words. "Thanks, Kosi."

"Anytime."

*

We reached the DeAngeles mansion, where there were three familiar cars, parked in the driveway. I recognized Dave's Land Rover, Jordan's massive truck and Kam's Range Rover.

Kosi skipped all the way to the front door and rang the doorbell severally.

Just when I was about to snap at her for being so rude, the door bursted open.

"PUPPY!!" Was all I heard as someone immediately picked me up, squashing me in a bear hug.

"Jordan!" I actually giggled. "Yeah, I missed you too. You can put me down now."

He let me down and patted my hair like one would pat an obedient puppy. "Good Asa. Nice Asa."

"She's not a dog, big guy." Kosi rolled her eyes, walking past us.

"Everyone is in the living room." Jordan informed us.

"Everyone? We're the last ones here?"

"Na. Osahon, Lola and Jemi are still on their way. Mrs DeAngeles is giving us the talk."

We stopped.