35: Snap🔗

Y'all, pls check out Detriment by Zeelove17 whenever you have the chance!

Asa

Jemi snapped.

He hissed loudly, standing up and going to disconnect the music from the speaker, successfully ending our drunken night party.

"Will you stop that?!" He growled angrily, walking up to Kosi and snatching her away from Devon,  glaring at her.

Jemi honestly looked like he was on fire. His face, red, hands fisted, making the muscles and veins of his arms bulge.

Kosi concealed her shock, frowning in annoyance, folding her hands. "Uh... Stop what?"

He gritted his teeth. "Stop acting like a goddamn slut!"

There was a collective gasp around the room. Everyone stopped, confused about what to do.

Kosi flinched, immediately masking her hurt with anger and taking a threatening step towards him, her voice, a strangled whisper. "What did you just call me?"

I stood up, trying to ease the tension. "C'mon, Kay. Don't take him seriously." I turned to Jemi. "Jem, it's just a game."

"Prolly like everything else in life is a game to her. I bet my feelings are a game to you too, huh?"

Oh shit! Is he really going to do this?

Right now?!

I started panicking, looking for a way to control this before it gets out of hand and he says things he doesn't mean.

"Bro-" Jordan tried to reach out to him.

"Stay out of this, Dan!" He growled, shooting him a glare before turning back to look at Kosi.

"Fucking Christ, Jem!" Kosi screamed at him. "Is that what this is about? I told you from the jump that I felt nothing, Jemi. Nothing!"

"You fucking liar. Was that before or after you fucked me, huh?!"

His words cut through the entire room and everyone glanced at each other, drunk, confused and nervous.

He was breathing heavily, his fisted hands shaking at his sides, formerly golden complexion, turning red in furious anger.

He's not himself. I realized. Jemi...

My heart rose to my throat as I swallowed down the growing lump.

Kosi took a shaky breath, her breathing laboured, trying to control her temper, purposely keeping the anger and hurt from her voice. "That was supposed to stay between the both of us. Be reasonable, Jemi."

"Fucking think, Kosi!" He shot, getting in her face. "How do you expect me to be reasonable huh?" His voice was a heart broken whisper, eyes, glassy with repressed tears. "Fucking hell! fuck!" He shouted, gripping his hair. "You know! You know exactly what you're doing to me! And you want me to be reasonable? Just fucking listen to yourself right now! Fucking me one moment and basically humping and tonguing down some other guy in front of me, like what the fuck were you thinking? I wouldn't lose my shit?!"