02: Mrs DaSilva💍

Kam

"Hey, you cool?" Amir asked when I walked away from the rest of the group to take some fresh air.

My head was spinning and I felt like I was choking.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm cool."

Quicksilver eyes blinked at me and squinted worriedly. "You're acting kinda shifty. Asa is too." He jerked a chin at Asa who was trying to talk to a hysterical Kosi.

She suddenly looked at me and I looked away.

"I'm cool. We're cool." I stressed.

"We're bros but you know I'm not going to feed you the "I'm here for you, you can tell me anything" crap, right?"

He was grinning at me and I smiled back. "I know, asshole."

"Good, so what's the problem?"

I ran a frustrated hand down my face, letting out an exasperated breath. "I dunno, Amir, I'm just tired. I need to fucking breathe."

"I feel you." He patted my shoulder twice and walked away, calmly understanding that I needed space.

I didn't know what to think. How to act. What to do. It's not the fact that she was leaving that hurt so much- even though the thought hurt too, it's the fact that she was going to leave without telling me.

Confusion was a soul wringing, mind twisting, emotion to control.

*

Mrs DaSilva showed up in her sparkling white Bentley. She looked effortlessly elegant in her royal blue wrap dress, diamond jewelry and shiny blue pumps, her hair in an African braid updo, complexion, glowing. Her expensive, classy scent, filled the air.

She had a coy confidence about her, a demure strength. She didn't need to convince anyone how rich and powerful she really was, and for the first time, I wondered how rich and powerful Jemi really was.

Jemi was very humble, down to earth, drama free, except when he had to beat up guys that disrespected his best friends. Everyone said that he only got into the school because of a basketball scholarship... But here was Mrs DaSilva, looking like she could buy the entire school, ten times over.

And when she walked up to the policeman at the counter, floated really, her voice held imperial strength.

"I want to see my son."

The policeman at the counter glanced at her and fell out of his seat.

"Mmm...mmaddam.." He stammered.

"This is useless." She sighed. "I wan talk to your Oga." (I want to speak to your boss).

She slipped into pidgin English elegantly.

"Oga dey for back. F...Follow me." He stood up, almost falling over himself twice as he led the way to the top officer.

All the other officers were scampering around, trying to please and impress.

Mr Olawole showed up minutes later, in an expensive suit and leather bag, and got directed to the back.

Few minutes later, he returned, a calm smile on his face.

"What happened? What's going to happen to Jemi?" Kosi was the first to ask as we gathered around him.

"It's going to be alright. You didn't need me here. Mrs DaSilva has it all under control. The officers said it was a mistake and she threatened to sue. They're kissing her ass right now."

Thank God for wealth.

"So, he'll be released tonight?" Asa persisted and I looked at her and stared and stared, my heart twisting within me.

She's leaving. She's leaving was all I could think about.

"Yes. They're currently erasing all records of this ever happening. That woman is the closest thing to God I've seen. She snapped her fingers and they were all falling at her feet. I wish all my cases went so smoothly."

"So, you don't think Jemi is guilty?"

"Na." He shrugged. "The person I saw is no cocaine user. You can usually tell by their sunken cheeks and gaunt nature. That test was bull. Someone framed him and if you want to pursue the case, I'm fine with it."

We glanced at ourselves worriedly.

"We just want our friend back." Osahon answered calmly, when we all seemed to reach a collective decision.

Mr Olawole shrugged, leaving us to answer a phonecall.

We all sat around the dank reception area, anxiously waiting and when Jemi stepped out, Kosi ran to meet him, her body, colliding with his as she pulled him into a fierce hug.

"Damn, Jem! You couldn't wait until you were at least, eighteen to get arrested?" She yelled angrily after pulling away from the hug.

Mrs DaSilva appeared later, a police officer, trailing behind her.

"Jemi?"

"Mum!"

"What am I going to do with you, Jemi?" She whispered, her hands shaking as she reached out to cradle his face in her hands. "Why do you want to kill me before my time? Drugs, of all things!"

"It wasn't me, mum." He said firmly, holding his mother's hands in place as they stared at each other for a moment.

Her lips were trembling as she retracted her hands to her side. "I have some work to do this evening, but we're going to talk about this, tomorrow morning." She declared before walking away with the policeman.

"I can kiss your feet right now." Jemi smiled at Kosi.

"It was Asa's idea to call your mother, really. But if you're feeling super grateful, you can just dash me your Lamborghini."

"Done!" He was grinning.

We gathered around Jemi and Jordan punched his arm. "You attention stealing whore!" He was grinning in his usual good-natured way. "You just had to go and get yourself arrested, didn't ya? Couldn't think of giving us a heads up!"

Jemi rubbed his sore arm but smiled nonetheless. "Don't worry. The next time I plan to get myself arrested, I'll inform you. All of you." He looked at us. "Thanks guys."

"C'mon! Let's get the heck outta here." Lola shivered and everyone murmured in accordance.

I was heading to my car when my phone chimed a text. I took out my phone, nearly tripping on my own feet when I discovered it was from Ariel.

Nude.

No, nudes.

An

Panic...