07: Nubian Mermaid🧜🏿‍♀️

Asa

"I can't believe princess bitchface actually blackmailed you to get us to come to this freaking circus muck." Kosi was complaining angrily to Jemi. "I swear, if she breathes in my direction, I'm breaking her nose."

Jemi rolled his eyes. He honestly looked every bit like the angel I made him out to be in my head, dressed simply in a sparkling white Fear of God T-shirt, white jeans, solid gold chain around his neck and white vans. "Stop being so over dramatic. I heard her parties are actually great. Besides, no one forced you to come."

"So wait," she snorted. "You think I'll let the two of you walk alone to your deaths? Helllsss to the no. We're in this together, baby!"

Kosi's endowed assets were clearly emphasized in her tight, white, tube top with the texts, Bad, Spoilt & Rotten, boldly written on the chest area, cropped high enough to expose her toned stomach and belly piercing. Her micro mini pink skirt stopped just below her big butt. And she tied up the entire look with kickass makeup and white laced up bondage boots, silver septum piercing, glinting on her nose.

Kosi wanted to doll me up so bad, but I just came in a T-shirt dress, leggings and boots, a wool beanie sat on my head. For makeup, I had on mascara and lip gloss, wanting to be as inconspicuous as possible, hoping to survive the night without Kam noticing me.

Jemi only sighed as we walked into the huge house. There was soft music playing and the entire place wasn't filled to the point where you're suffocating on the stench of another person's breath.

We walked into the living room, where most of the people were and I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that a large wall was set aside where food was being served. I caught the scent of spicy chicken, jollof rice, pizza and deep fried chips.

Naturally, I gravitated to the food section when a voice made me stop, turning my legs to jelly.

Kam.

There he was, at the bar area, talking to a girl with a long red weave-on, all the way to her waist. He said something that made her laugh and my stomach tightened painfully when she placed her hand on his arm and squeezed, leaning into him as they laughed together.

And he let her.

Jealousy curdled the blood in my veins, a wildfire, consuming my insides.

Suddenly, the girl looked up and caught me watching them, her eyes blinked in realization.

She knew who I was and I knew who she was. The 'childhood friend'.

Childhood friend, my ass.

I gulped, quickly moving to hide myself among the crowd of people.

To say I was disappointed in him was the understatement of the century.

Part of me knew I overreacted. The other part was too hurt to care.

I'm not even angry over the fact he's in touch with his 'childhood friend'. I was angry over the fact he condoned stupid shit from her... And yes, a part of me also felt insecure.

The aesthetic shots she sent of her nude body... Well, it's kind of hard to ignore the fact she had a great body going on. It's not something I'll ever openly admit, but sometimes, I wish I was less skinny and more thicc, like Kosi, and I usually envied girls with big ass, full breasts and hips.