15: Possessive👛

Kam

When I saw Asa coming around the back, my heart skidded to a stop.

She was so beautiful, it hurt to look at her.

I felt my heart constrict within me as she tucked an errant loc behind her ear, long earrings, dangling, baby hair, gelled to perfection.

Her hair, thin faux locs, coiled up midway through the end, was done in a stylishly messy bun, that I wanted to mess up when I kiss her. She wore a large T-shirt that clinged to her slender curves, beautifully, ending just below her round ass, exposing golden brown legs that I wanted wrapped around me and tangled up with mine.

 She wore a large T-shirt that clinged to her slender curves, beautifully, ending just below her round ass, exposing golden brown legs that I wanted wrapped around me and tangled up with mine

Every single second I spent without her was unbearable and seeing her, not being able to talk to her, was driving me nuts.

I wanted her so much it hurt.

A low annoying whistle suddenly came from Teriq, a guy from the neighbourhood, beside me.

He had shown up with a group of friends, moments after we pulled into the driveway, with beer and pizza, introducing themselves as our neighbours. We had started a barbecue and they had decided to stick around.

Well, now, I wish they hadn't.

"Damn, Kam! You been holdin' out on me! Din't tell me you got fine asses wichya." Teriq grinned, taking his lower lip between his teeth as he eyed them. "I got my eye on that one. That one right there." He actually pointed, staring lewdly and unabashed at Asa.

My. Girl.

I felt a vein pop as my fists tightened.

"Watch it." I warned him, lowly, trying to rein in roaring anger. "She's off limits."

"Well, Kam." There was a taunting smile on his annoying face that I wanted to punch off as he sized me up. "What you gon' do if I don't?"

I stepped closer to him menacingly, all traces of common sense, effectively thrown out the window as rage pumped blood to my veins, overtime. "I said," I growled, lowly, "watch it."

The smile was gone now, an evil smirk, replacing it. "You tryna come at me, pretty boy?"

"Woah, hey hey!" Jemi suddenly came between us, pushing Teriq back. "You ain't about to start a fight in our backyard. You got sometin' to settle, we settle it like bros. Peacefully."

Teriq glared at me, then at Jemi and his menacing sneer, transformed back into a playful grin.

He raised his hand in surrender. "Don't mean no harm. Just fuckin' witcha."