23: Attack👊🏽

A/n

Sorry, quick author's note!!

I entered ig today and found out that some of u actually followed me and I'm FUCKING ecstatic. I promise it's going to be worth it in the end because I'll be posting news, updates and book covers and cast aesthetics reveals there and on twitter, wen I'm done with this book. So, u're going to be among the first to know watsup.

Why? U may ask?

Well, i explained in my last author's note, titled "important shit".

Oooh!! And guys, gess wat??!! I'm so freaking excited, i cnt control myself.

I actually wasn't supposed to say shit abt this but lovetori_xo (i love this girl) and i are planning something MAD afff for u guys. That's all I'll say for now, so if uve not read her book... Guy, why nau?? U're missing out, i swr. And u'll love the surprise she has in store. Sit tight and enjoy the wait.

U wnt get to see the part I'm playing yet. That'll be in my third book but i jst cudnt keep this to myself. I'm screaming!!!

Shoutout to ruboftommy for hitting up my dm and motivating me to put this chapter up cos my insecure ass has been going crazy lately. I dunno why. Like, are u guys still feeling this book or...

I dunno why the heck I'm feeling like this. I've been feeling like literal shit lately, but that's by the way. I hope it's a phase that'll pass sha.

Thx for reading this. I love you all.♥️🥂
*

Asa

"Oh, you will be, when I'm done with you. I can put that snarky little mouth of yours to good use. Let's see what you can do with my dick in it."

I shivered a bit at Teriq's very offensive words. The look in his eyes... That maniacal glint in them was something I've seen before... On another.

But before I could recover from the effect of his words, Kam lunged at him, grabbing a fistful of his shirt, right hand poised but restrained from landing him a good punch on his left cheek.

His entire body was quaking with anger but Teriq only had on this amused, almost taunting grin, even though he was the one at the receiving end of a right hook.

"Now, listen and listen good, motherfucker." Kam growled lowly, his voice, sending shivers down my spine, raising the hair on my skin. I've never seen Kam this angry before...

And it kind of scared me.

All around us, the music had stopped, a small crowd, already gathering around us, eager to be entertained at our expense.

"I have no fucking clue how you talk to the women in your family, but Asa is my fucking girl and you need to fucking respect her."

He was livid. Breathing ragged and I know it was taking everything in him not to land a perfect punch on Teriq's smug face.

Teriq only retorted mockingly. "Listen, Kam. Asa be a low-key bad bitch. And bad bitches need trainin'. Which is what I'm tryna do. She don't need yo' mixed-race ass, you already pussy whipped, eating out of her damn palms. She need a real nigga, dawg, you ain't hood enough."