37: Anonymous👥

Kam

"Bro, you've got to me fucking kidding me!" I frowned when I saw Jemi whip out a lighter, flicking flame unto the end of the joint in between his lips.

It has been two days since his fight with Kosi and he has been smoking to high heavens ever since then.

I'm serious, this guy has been high, ever since that night. He obviously regretted everything he said but had managed to convince himself that Kosi would never forgive him... Kosi, who tried to pretend she didn't care, walking around with a strange wistfulness in her eyes that hardened into a glare when someone picked up on the fact she was suffering too.

"You're supposed to apologize to Kosi today. You promised!"

"And I will." He quipped, white smoke curling out from his nostrils and mouth. "I just won't do it sober."

Jordan snapped. "Guy, you need to stop this thing right now. Don't you want to have a genuine conversation with her?"

He took a long drag before he answered.

"Guys, I fucked up. That's fact." He sighed, closing his eyes and gripping his hair. "Fuck, I don't even remember half the shit I said but if it's as bad as you guys say, Kosi would never forgive me."

"You won't know if you don't try." Amir said, from where he was leaning against the wall, arms folded, looking worriedly at Jemi who was on his fifth joint already.

"I fucking know, because I know Kosi! Fuck, I've known her since we were kids. I know what hurts her the most. I know the words people say to her that will trigger her into a bad mood and I said the very same words to her. I don't deserve her forgiveness."

"Fact." Dave quipped, from where he was typing on his phone.

Everyone looked at him.

Osahon scowled, annoyed. "Dude, are you even listening?"

"Sure, sure." He muttered, distractedly.

"What are you doing?" Jordan asked, leaning over to look at what he was typing.

Dave suddenly cackled evilly. "Guys, it's that anonymous messages that everyone is going crazy about. Someone introduced it in the boys' group chat. Fresh gist!"

"Really?" Jordan asked, whipping out his phone.

I rolled my eyes.

Anonymous messages was a game, which was actually introduced for fun. On the website, you can write whatever you like about a person, what you admire about them, or confess about your crush you probably wouldn't have been able to do in real life... All the while, remaining anonymous or using pseudo-names no one knows you as.

It was supposed to be a good idea and a fun way to tell the entire class your honest opinions about a fellow classmate, but students of Trinity Academy were using it to bash each other, expose dark, disgraceful secrets, shame their fellow classmates, spread rumours and chase clout.

It was finally introduced to the Boys' group chat for our class and In the space of three days, so many secrets have been revealed and so many trusts have been broken.