04: Fucked up❎

Kam

"Man, you fucked up," Amir said calmly from where he was perched on my window seat.

"Shit, yeah!" Jordan guffawed, "but at least, he fucked up right. Dude, have you seen the girl? Kam, you have to give me her number. If you won't tap that, I will!"

"Pig!" Dave smacked him upside the head. "We're supposed to advice Kam, not encourage him to do stupid shit!"

Osahon sighed at Dan. "I thought you were with Kosi?"

"Ay. She deaded me." He pressed a hand to his chest, his face in a mock expression of pain. "She my homie now."

Those pests were shouting in my head. It was seven in the fucking morning and here they were, shouting in my head.

When I reached home last night, I was trembling, out of my mind. I tried calling Asa but it was Kosi that picked, telling me it wasn't good to be calling her now. That I should give it some time. Give her a little space.

Space!

I didn't sleep till six in the morning, so you can understand my annoyance when my friends barged into my room moments later, dishing out sage advice that I didn't ask for.

"So... What are you going to do now?" Amir asked. "School starts in like-" he checked his diamond encrusted wristwatch, "ten minutes."

I murmured something unintelligible but they didn't seemed to grab I wanted to be left alone.

So much had happened since yesterday. From Kosi's revelation about her relationship with Trevor, to Jemi's arrest and my fight with Asa.

I couldn't even call it a fight without cringing. I didn't want us to fight...

And she was leaving.

I felt like she was slipping away, out of my grasp, and I didn't like that. I didn't want that.

I love her...

But she doesn't even believe that.

Going to school was going to be torture, but I didn't have any hooky cards left and I didn't feel like doing more chores to get them back.

My friends remained in the room while I cleaned up and dressed for school.

I would have driven myself but Amir slipped into the driver seat of my rover.

"Don't want you crashing into anything now, do I?" He deadpanned, strapping himself to the seat.

"Asshole." I scoffed.

He rolled his eyes at me. "Jerkface. You're lucky I'm not kicking your stupid ass to the curb because of what you did to Asa."

"I do not want to talk about that right now, stupid." I grumbled, looking away from him. No doubt, everyone saw me as the bad guy now.

"I do nuh wonna tulk abou dah roit now, schewpid," he mimicked in a very very horrible accent.

"I don't sound like that." I frowned.

"Whatever, asshat. Glorify your God that I keep you around sometimes even after you do stupid shit. Everyone knows I'm doing you a huge favour, remaining your friend."