CHAPTER 12

DOHYUN'S POV
The days as Dahyun's friend turned into weeks, and weeks into months. Now we are about to have the partial exams before summer vacations.

-Dahyun: This is horrible... (groans)
-Dohyun: What's wrong?
-Dahyun: Examns... Why? Who invented such a torture method? (pouts) If I don't get nice marks, I'll be screwed...
-Dohyun: Hmm... Which subject is harder for you?
-Dahyun: All of them, but more English and Maths... (sighs) I think that I never passed a Math exam.
-Dohyun: I... I can help you if you want.
-Dahyun: (turns towards you) You sure?! (smiles)
-Dohyun: (nods) As long as we don't touch, I'm fine having you around (smiles)
-Dahyun: (smiles widely) Then, should I head over your house?
-Dohyun: Yeah, if you want to... (smiles and srughs)
-Dahyun: Cool! I'll tell my parents that I'll be at your place after school (chuckles) I might pass the exams thanks to you! Now I feel motivated to study!
-Dohyun: (smiles) I'm sure you'll do fine... By the way, today I won't be able to have lunch with you.
-Dahyun: Why not?
-Dohyun: Student council issues... (srughs) I'll see you on our next period, okay? (smiles and leaves the class)

I can't belive that after refusing and trying to avoid her as much as possible, she still stayed by my side and became such a precious person. I'm really thankful to her, I think that I'm finally going to enjoy my scholar life.

DAHYUN'S POV
Aw. I wanted to have lunch with him as usually, however, I know that he needs to attend his issues too. We can't be stick together all day long.

-Baekjoon: He left you alone?
-Dahyun: He needs to attend the student council (smiles) It's okay, we can't be together all the time.
-Baekjoon: You two really have a special bond... (chuckles) The only person able to be by his side is a girl, how funny.
-Dahyun: Hey, you shouldn't say it that way (serious) Dohyun oppa is really nice, he's even going to help me to study for the exams...
-Baekjoon: Really? (surprised)
-Dahyun: (nods and smiles) I'll head to his house after class...
-Baekjoon: Do you think... Could I join you?
-Dahyun: What?!
-Baekjoon: I'm also bad in some subjects, and since he's Mr. Perfect... He could help me (smiles)
-Dahyun: Didn't you say that you hate him? (confused)
-Baekjoon: Yeah, and I do. But something good must he have if you are always around him (smiles and srughs) Should we head with the rest to the cafeteria?
-Dahyun: Okay, let's go (smiles)

I really hate how Baekjoon treats Dohyun oppa... He doesn't know anything about him. No one took the time to try to know him before judging, they are all superficial dorks.

-Baekjoon: Dahyun-ah... I want to ask you something personal... Is it okay?
-Dahyun: (gulps) Sure?
-Baekjoon: Do you... Do you actually like Dohyun?
-Dahyun: Huh?! Dohyun oppa and I are just friends... I know that we are arranged, but we don't have any intention of getting romantic.
-Baekjoon: I see... Then, why are you still here in the SME?
-Dahyun: That's because...

Oh. I didn't think of this anymore. He's right. Dohyun oppa is my ticket back to Hanlim. Actually, since he's much better now, I could return if I wanted to...

But right now... I don't feel like doing that. I mean, we still need to do a lot of things, and I'm Dohyun's only friend. Also, I have a crush on Baekjoon oppa... If I leave, I won't be able to see him again.

-Dahyun: I like someone... (shy)
-Baekjoon: What?! That's the reason why you are not leaving? (laughs)
-Dahyun: Why are you laughing?! It's something serious... (pouts)
-Baekjoon: (pats her head) You are so cute Dahyunie... Really (smiles)
-Dahyun: (slightly blushed)

DOHYUN'S POV
The classes finished and then we waited for Taoseo to pick us up. And by us, I mean Dahyun, me and... Baekjoon. I don't understand this sudden try of getting closer. He hates me, I know it. This is just so fake.

-Dohyun: Again, why are you coming?
-Baekjoon: And why not? Dahyun is coming...
-Dohyun: She's my friend.
-Baekjoon: And I'm your classmate (smiles) You know, this is your chance to stop acting so arrogant and help me... I'm bad at History. Like... Why do I need to learn about something that happened in the past?
-Dohyun: Because knowing the past, you'll do your best in your future in order to have a better future (serious)
-Baekjoon: (rolls his eyes) You don't differentiate when you need answer a question and when you don't...

However, that phrase is the one that I use daily... I want a better future, that's why I try to learn from my past. For example, getting close to Dahyun.

-Dahyun: Oppa, I'll use your bathroom before starting, okay? (smiles)
-Dohyun: Sure, you don't need to even ask (smiles)
-Baekjoon: (rolls his eyes)

While Dahyun heads to the bathroom, Baekjoon and I start preparing everything for our studying session in my room. I bet that everyone is shocked by this sudden visit, but I can't do anything about it.

-Baekjoon: Hmm... (looking around) Your room looks pretty normal.
-Dohyun: (rolls your eyes)
-Baekjoon: (spots a picture in a frame) Oh, who are they?
-Dohyun: It's a family picture...
-Baekjoon: It looks so old... Don't you have a more actual one? (chuckles)
-Dohyun: I don't... It's been so many years since I last saw my mother and my sister... (sighs)
-Baekjoon: You are really weird... Not even being able to see your own mother and sister. (sits on your bed and takes the seal plushie while giggling) This kind of stuff doesn't suit you...
-Dohyun: Don't touch it, please.
-Baekjoon: Huh? Why not? It's just a plushie...
-Dohyun: I told you not to touch it!
-Baekjoon: But why?! I'm trying to understand you... You know?
-Dohyun: It's a gift by Dahyun, just don't touch it, damn it! (takes the plushie from his hands)
-Baekjoon: Ohh... (smirks) Dohyun, do you actually like Dahyun?