CHAPTER 15

DAHYUN'S POV
-Three days later-

He said it. He doesn't like me and he doesn't want to marry me... Then, now I'm free to tell Baekjoon oppa about my feelings. But why do I feel like I shouldn't do it? Something feels wrong inside me.

But, since I insisted and he still answered the same... I'll follow my feelings and ill confess to him. Well, first I need to invite him to the festival.

Me: Oppa, do you have plans for the festival? 😆
Baekjoon❤️: Hmm... Not yet, why? 🤔
Me: I was wondering if you wanted to come with me... ☺️
Baekjoon❤️: What about your friends? Do you want me to invite the boys? 😁
Me: No, no... I was actually thinking that it could be a date... I need to tell you something.
Baekjoon❤️: Oh, okay. Let's have a date then 👌
Me: Cool, then pick me up next Saturday around... 20:00?
Baekjoon❤️: Awesome, see you then!
Me: Yeah, see you!

I did it! I can't belive that I did it! I actually thought that I would never be able to get over Jangseo oppa. But thanks to Baekjoon, I forgot about him really fast!

I can't wait to tell the girls that I'll be having a date during the summer festival! Ah... What should I wear? I need to go comfortable but still look pretty... How hard.

-Mom: Dahyunie...
-Dahyun: Yes, mom?
-Mom: Mr. Im has called us...
-Dahyun: Oh, he did? What happens?
-Mom: Apparently, his son told him to break the arrangement but kept on going with our business... Do you know something about that?
-Dahyun: We are just friends, guess he can't look at me as a woman (looks down) Plus, I like someone else, mom...
-Mom: You do?! (surprised)
-Dahyun: Yeah, I met him in SME, and he's just the sweetest and kindest boy ever! (smiles) He's really handsome too...
-Mom: (sighs) Oh well, if that makes you happy... I guess that since the business is still up, you can do whatever you want now (smiles) Are you going to return to Hanlim?
-Dahyun: I don't know... Should I?
-Mom: You can choose now (smiles)
-Dahyun: I'll think about it and I'll tell you something after the festival... (smiles)
-Mom: Okay (smiles) I'll call you once lunch is ready.
-Dahyun: (nods and smiles)

DOHYUN'S POV
-Time skip to the festival day-

-Taoseo: Sir, I've made some cookies with chocolate-
-Dohyun: I don't want them...
-Taoseo: But... The other day-
-Dohyun: The other day was the other day, and today is today... I don't want them.
-Taoseo: Sir... Did something happen between Dahyun-ssi and-
-Dohyun: Nothing happened, okay?! Just throw the cookies away... (sighs)
-Taoseo: (looks down) As you wish, sir. (leaves your room)

Pfft... Chocolate cookies? I don't even like sweet stuff... And that damn plushie, I don't need it! I'm not a seal, what the hell is wrong with her?!

-Dohyun: (opens the window and throws the plushie outside) I don't need you!

I'm enough by myself... She wanted to break our arrangement since the beginning. And I'm cent per cent sure that she talked to me just because of our families' business. I shouldn't had expected something else.

Ah, I wish I could just forget about her... I don't need any girl in my life... I have always been alone anyway. And here I am, I survived. I hope she's happy with him...

DAHYUN'S POV

Today is the day! Today is the day! I can't belive that I'm finally going to confess my feelings to Baekjoon oppa. Agh, and the festival with him will be the best!

-Mom: Dahyunie! A handsome boy is asking for you...
-Dahyun: Coming~ (giggles and heads downstairs)

I head downstairs and bump with oppa's face smiling widely to me. Do I look pretty enough for him? I hope so... I want today to be perfect.

-Dahyun: Oppa, you ready? (smiles)
-Baekjoon: Yup, by the way you look awesome! (chuckles)
-Dahyun: Really? Thank you! It's not as if I spent the last days choosing the outfit for today... (smiles awkwardly)
-Baekjoon: (chuckles) Cute~ Let's go (smiles)
-Dahyun: Yup (smiles)

We head to the festival and have fun with the music, the little concerts, the food selling... Everything about this is perfect! Oppa keeps on making me laugh while complimenting me. I need to tell him.

-Baekjoon: The fireworks show is about to start... Should we look for a better spot to see them?
-Dahyun: Okay (smiles)

We head to a more intimate place, this might actually be my best chance to confess. I need to be clear and confident, I shouldn't stutter. I've practiced it with my plushie over five hundred times...

-Dahyun: Oppa... I need to tell you something.
-Baekjoon: What is it? (smiles)
-Dahyun: Well you see, since I arrived to SME, you are the only one who welcomed be and treated me as another one... (smiles) I'm really thankful for everything-
-Baekjoon: You don't need to thank me, I was just trying to make a new friend... (smiles)
-Dahyun: However, that's not all... I don't know how to say this... (avoiding the eye contact) Lately I've been feeling different towards you... My heart races and I feel like melting every time you look at me and smile... I think... I think that I like you oppa!
-Baekjoon: D-Dahyunie are you serious?
-Dahyun: Yeah, I love you oppa... I would like to be in a relationship with you (smiles shyly)
-Baekjoon: Oh, uhm... I-I would like too... (smiles awkwardly)
-Dahyun: Eh?! (surprised) Are we together, now?!
-Baekjoon: Yes? (smiles)
-Dahyun: (smiles widely) Thanks for accepting my feelings!
-Baekjoon: You don't need to thank me... (chuckles) Let's enjoy the fireworks show now...
-Dahyun: Yeah, it'll be the best one ever because I'll be with you, oppa (smiles)
-Baekjoon: Yeah (smiles and holds hands with her)

TAOSEO'S POV
Oh, it looks like the fireworks show started already... I wonder if my sir is watching them from his window... By the way, what's that thing floating on our swimming pool?

I head outside in order to pick up the floating object, it results to be a seal plushie. What is it doing here? I better keep it inside and dry it... Maybe my sir wants it later...