Chapter 22

Unedited

Enjoy~~

Keith held Hunter's hand as the two walked down the stairs, heading for the kitchen.

"Yum." Hunter giggled as she reached the last step. The girl quickly ran to the kitchen with Keith following behind.

When the male entered the kitchen, the first thing he seen was Hunter trying to climb up to the counter screaming the word "Cakes" over and over again.

Keith chuckled and walked over to grab the pancake mix only to see a paper on the counter.

With a confused look, he unfolded the paper and read what was on it.

"Good morning everyone,

Um, I'm probably really stupid to do what I just did. But I am no longer with you guys. There was something I was hiding from you all but didn't tell you because Juno's life was on the line.

I was given two days to make a decision, either join Lotor or get Juno killed. I know what Juno did was wrong, but I can also understand why she did it. Yes, it hurt me a lot and I may still be upset, but I care for her to much to leave to soon. I am going to save her.

I spoke to Alice and she did try to stop me, but I wouldn't listen. She even offered to give herself up for Juno but I stopped her.

Alice is going to be helping me out. She's going to watch over me while I'm here.

I'm really sorry for doing this, and I hope you understand why I did.

I love you all, please don't try to come and find me. I'll probably see you soon.

Love,

Sofia.

P.s. Tell Mom and Dad that I may end up having a criminal record and I'm super sorry.

P.P.S Georgia, I ate your donuts. Sorry."

Keith's heart dropped as he read the note. Dropping the note on the counter, he scooped Hunter up in his arms and raced upstairs, heading to his room, where Lance was still sleeping in his bed.

"Lance! Get up!" Keith shook the male, his heart racing against his chest.

Lance groaned. "What?"

"Sofia's gone."

. . . .

"We have to go after her! She can't be there! I don't care if Alice or Juno is there. I don't care that they can protect her. This is Sofia! We need to go after her!"

The room went quiet as everyone tried to make up some sort of plan.

Zoey, Georgia, Liam, Kaleb, and Eren all shared a look.

"Maybe we should go back." Liam said. "This might be apart of Lotors plan. The first step was getting Juno to join, if they had Juno then they knew Sofia would follow. Now they have Sofia, now they're waiting for one last person, knowing he would go because that's where Sofia is."

"He was playing it smart the whole time." Hailey spoke up. "It makes so much sense! He's been watching you guys from the start. They knew they couldn't target the two of you." She looked at Lance and Keith. "So they targeted the kids. If they targeted the kids, they could get Keith."

"They're waiting for Keith."

Keith could feel a weight on his shoulders. He knew something like this was going to happen.

Why couldn't Lotor just stay gone? Why Keith?

"What do we do?" Kora asked. "Should we go home?"