Chapter 33

Unedited

Enjoy~~

"Sofia, listen."

The girl stood outside a park, the moon sky high in the sky.

"Whatever your siblings say, it's not your fault." Lance told her. "I went willingly and you know that, so do they. Your mother knows that it wasn't your fault, that no matter what, I was going."

Sofia looked up at Lance, tears in her eyes. "But what if you die?" She whispered, her bottom lip trembling.

"I won't die." Lance said softly, rustling the girls hair. "I promise."

"This is what he was talking about." Sofia said. "If I didn't give you up, they were going to die. But it wasn't just them."

"Sofia, what are you talking about?" Lance asked.

"I can't say. Grandpa H made me promise not to tell anyone, but I have to be the one to stop them." Sofia mumbled. "And I promise, I won't let that happen."

She looked back to the spot in front of them, her breath hitching as shadows appeared.

"Sofia, I'm glad you obeyed this time."

Sofia glared at the male. "Here, this is who you wanted. Give me who I wanted."

"Yes, I know the deal." Lotor rolled his eyes, before motioning for Xathrid and Narti to let the four go. "Send him over."

"We'll send them at the same time." Sofia snarled.

"Whatever."

Kora was pushed forward, making Lance take a step.

"I love you dad."

"I love you too, Sofia."

Lance began to walk forward, and at the same time, the four others began to walk as well.

Sofia's hand rested on her lower back, feeling the gun she had in her waist band.

"Only use it if he does something first. You don't want to be the one to do it first."

She watched as her father and Aunt came face to face. The two exchanged a few words and Lance quickly gave her something before continuing on their way.

"Chain him."

Zethrid and Narti shot forward, pinning Lance to the ground.

Sofia shot forward, only to have arms wrap around her.

"Don't Sofia." Kora spoke gently. "Stay here."

Lotor made eye contact with the teenager, a smirk appearing on his face as he placed a foot on Lance's back.

"Pleasure doing business with you." He said, his foot pushing into the father's back, his smirk growing when he saw Sofia jerk forward in Kora's arms. "We'll see you soon, darling."

Lance was harshly grabbed and pulled off the ground.

Sofia watched as they took him away, her aunt holding her close.

"Come on." Kora whispered. "Let's go home."

. . . .

The front door swung open, Kora, Alice, Jared and Juno all walked in through the front door.

Krolia shot forward, her arms wrapping around Kora.

A body pushed passed everyone, catching Keith's eye.

"Sof-"

Sofia ignored Keith and continued walking.

"Keith, give her a few minutes." Adam said. "She'll need you then."