Chapter 23

Insomnia is a bitch.

Unedited

Enjoy~~~

"You find one of them, you bring them here. Are we clear?"

"Yes Sir."

"And Sofia, I understand they are your family, but your on this side now. I hope that you follow the others leads and bring one of them here if you do find one." Lotor spoke sternly.

"Yes, Sir." Sofia spoke clearly.

It was just after 11, and the group, meaning, Juno, Sofia, Alice, Jared, and Narti, were leaving for their patrol at the airport, which Sofia still found stupid.

"Sofia, glad you could join us." Jared nodded at the girl as they all got in the car.

Alice leaned down to whisper in the girls ear. "He's actually a sweet guy at heart, he only acts like that when he's around people he can trust. Like me for example."

"Is he a good guy?" Sofia whispered.

Alice nodded and winked at the girl.

Sofia sat between Juno and Alice while Narti sat in the passenger seat, Jared was the one driving.

"Sofia. The plane is landing soon. Cough once if you heard that."

Sofia coughed into her elbow, letting Rosa know she could hear her.

Juno gave the girl a weird look before shaking it off and looking back out the window.

This was going to be a long night.

. . . .

Sofia walked around the airport, looking for any signs of her family.

"The plane has landed. Lance texted me." Rosa notified her granddaughter. "He says you should recognize Pidge and Ryan's outfits right off the bat."

"Understood."

"Who are you talking to?"

Sofia jumped and turned around, facing Juno. "Myself." She answered. "You know I do that sometimes."

Juno chuckled. "You do." She ran a hand through her hair. "I just came over to see if you found anyone."

Sofia shook her head. "Nothing yet."

Juno nodded. "Okay, I'm gonna head over to the washroom, why don't you go over to the luggage pick up area? I'll meet up with you in a few."

"Sure thing." Sofia mumbled and walked away from the girl.

Sofia looked straight ahead of her when she noticed a specific outfit.

She shot forward, pushing through the people, chasing after her aunt.

"Aunt Pidg- ASH!"

Pidge whipped around, her eyes widening when she seen her niece running towards her. She grabbed onto someones arm and whispered something to them.

With her arms out, Sofia lunged into Pidge's arms. "I'm sorry!" She cried.

"It's alright." Pidge mumbled, rubbing Sofia's head.

"Sofia."

The girl turned around at the sound of Lance's voice.

"We can't talk for long." Sofia said, straightening herself out before talking into her ear piece. "Abuela, I found them. Are you here?"

"I'm here."

"You have to get out of here quickly." Sofia told them. "Juno will be walking this way soon-"