The Red Haired girl

It was already eight in the night and to everyone's surprise Ulanni was still upstairs in her room sleeping.

"Have she woken up from her sleep yet?" Mrs Smith asked entering the house as she just came back from work. It was already late and Ulanni was still upstairs in her room sleeping.

"No, I tried waking her up though but she didn't reply she only ate her breakfast but her lunch and her dinner is still on her table" Alex replied taking a bottled water from the fringe.

"Well, have you checked her vitals to see if she's okay, if she needs to see a doctor"

"I checked and it was pretty confusing" he replied keeping it back in the fridge " Mum do not worry she'll be fine, in fact she is fine just a little bit tired from her trip"

"She didn't trek here from California, how tired could she be" Mrs Smith muttered massaging her tired neck.
"I just can't help but feel worried, I am calling an ambulance"

"You don't have to human mum, I am awake and fine"

They turned to see who it was and it was Ulanni getting down the stairs.

"Finally! Even sleeping beauty didn't sleep this long" Alex replied but was tapped on the back by his mum

"I was a little tired, sorry if I kept you worried" Ulanni replied already ready to leave back to her room.

"Wait!" Alex shouted "would you accompany me to the grocery store, you will need a little stroll"

"I'm not sure Alex she still looks pale" Mrs Smith interrupted

"Don't worry I will be fine, I really need a walk right now" Ulanni said but couldn't help but feel a little uncomfortable.

She needed more rest, traveling through a vortex with that kind of current is really risky especially when one is not yet a great demon or almost one. Ulanni wasn't yet a great demon for that was not easy to achieve . You need years of training and hard work and of course spiritual sources or stones to achieve that. But traveling through that was her only way here to earth. Sapphire her own close friend and other travel masters were not available to take her here and even though they were, it would take a longer time and time wasn't really on her side.

She had to accept, though she still felt weak and heavy. She didn't want them to see that part of her. Not yet.

*******
"Please let me disturb you with a question" Alex broke the silence. They were on their way back home.
"My mum didn't notice anything unusual yesterday , you know the night of our lovely meeting"

"Oh that was because I set on an invisible wizardry barrier which will prevent any outsider to hear, you know your lovely voice." Ulanni replied with the same sarcastic tone, yawning and stretching as she was already tired from this boring stroll.

"But what about the neighbors? they think I've gone crazy" he asked with his frustrated arms in the air

"Well, the barrier was only set in the house then you carried your madness outside and that's not my fault"

"Right! It's my fault, blame it on the innocent guy" he whispered to himself

"Alex what's going on?" Ulanni stopped as she noticed something strange, how come she didn't notice this before.
"I knew something was up"