Status: taken (TH)

Lately, the media was relentless about spreading rumors of Taehyung's love life. He was surprised his relationship with you, the only truth, had not been found somehow yet. It was very stressful and he was not taking it well. He could get an idea of what ARMY's reaction would be like if they ever knew about you and he was discouraged.

Having so many followers, the response was overwhelming. Weverse was filled with hurt fans and many kept asking for explanations or confirmations. He didn't dare post or go live, he didn't want to be bombed with non-sense.

The people he was paired with ended up being harassed on social media or getting threatened, it was absolute chaos. Big Hit released blanket statements shutting down several rumors at once, but the fact that they kept popping up made it hard to believe.

You made your way to Tae's studio, Hobi had let you in, hoping you could cheer him up. He spent so much time locked in it by himself. Pouring his frustration into his music. Tae - you spoke softly as you came through his door and he turned around to look at you with a small smile, brushing the hair out of his eyes. What are you doing here? - he asked taking your hand, bringing you to sit on his lap and laying his hands on your thighs lazily.

I wanted to check up on you, you haven't been answering my texts - you explained concerned by why that was. I haven't touched my phone, there's so many notifications, I just don't want to go through them. I'm sick of it - he said and you nodded understanding why he needed a break from it.

You took his hand in yours and kissed the back of it sweetly. He then brought your hand to his lips and did the same. I'm sorry - he muttered. Stop apologizing, Tae, none of this is your fault - you reminded him as this was not the first time he felt guilty.

Are you okay? - he asked and you realized he was worried about how you were dealing with everything that was going on. Yes, don't worry about me - you turned your head around to look at him reassuringly - I know it's all lies. You laid back on his chest and he wrapped his arms around you. Why can't they be happy for me? - he thought out loud and you furrowed your eyebrows - I mean, if they were to find out about us - he continued as you made sense of his thought process.

What if they tried to hurt you, the sasaengs - worry took over his face and you stroked the arm wrapped around your waist, trying to comfort him. This is like a ticking bomb - he was really stressed out now - they can find out any time. You changed your position and sat back down facing him, you held his face and stroked his cheeks with your thumbs. We'll figure it out, there's no point in stressing over it before it's happened - you kissed him softly.

He kissed you back needing more of that closeness, that comfort that only you could provide. He was happy to have you, he feared this would tear you apart or that it would break your relationship. The pressure from outsiders was overwhelming, he knew it well and he'd dealt with it for many years. This kind was different though, because it involved someone else, someone important to him, you'd be put out there for the world to have at you mercilessly.

And you could walk out, unlike him. That's what terrified him, but he didn't want you to know how he felt. He didn't want to put pressure on you to stay by his side, to keep going just for him and him alone. He wanted your happiness or he wouldn't be able to be happy with you anyway. Tae - you said and he snapped out of his thoughts and looked into your eyes.

He hugged you tightly and hid his face in the crook of your neck, you stroked his hair soothingly for a long while, as much as he needed it. He seemed to doze off, you could tell as his head suddenly became heavier, his hold was even stronger though. You wrapped your arms around his shoulders and laid your head on his.

Hobi knocked on the door frame gently and poked in, you raised your head to look at him - any luck? - he asked smiling softly. I'm not sure, to be honest - you replied pursing your lips. I see he's getting some good sleep though - he chuckled at the cute sight - he's been needing that. You nodded, you didn't know this was affecting his sleep too. Let me know if I can help - he winked before leaving.

You spent the night at the dorms and the next day when you woke up, your boyfriend was scrolling through his phone. The color of his face drained. You rolled over on your stomach and patted his thigh. Tae, don't read all that. You told me yourself not to focus on the media - you pleaded in hopes of erasing the tortured look on his face. They know - he said bluntly - and they are not happy about it. Your heart sank in your chest.

You snatched the phone out of his hands and turned it off, placing it on the night table on your side. Tae's head was hanging low, you scooted closer to him and gave him a big hug. He wrapped his arms around you tightly. He really wanted this nightmare to be over, but it was very real.

 He  really wanted this nightmare to be over, but it was very real

-

To be continued...

They always fall asleep, it's a sign of peace, okay? haha. I've noticed it happens a lot in my stories and I'm amused about my sleepy imagination. Hobi had a mostly happy reveal, I had to write the other side of that situation now, mhm.