There's no happy pills (YG/Pt. 3)

trigger warning: several sensitive mental health topics

Namjoon, Hobi and Yoongi didn't talk about that morning. They simply got him in the car and drove off with him to soon board on the plane just a few hours later. He was angry at them, but he knew they wanted the best for him as he had wanted the best for you.

Two months in and he called every day, you didn't want to talk to him, but the nurses always gave him an update on how you were doing. You had started a different combination of medications and they were awaiting results to see if there were any improvements. They were taking turns watching over you 24/7 to keep you from harming yourself.

He hung up his phone, it was the middle of the night due to the timezone difference. He often woke up in a cold sweat, panicked that you weren't in his arms as he was used to holding you after many months of trying to comfort you. He took advantage of his restless sleep to check in on you and then he found it easier to go back to sleep knowing you were safe.

Jin had decided to share a room with Yoongi to keep an eye on him, even though the younger one ignored his intentions. As former roommates they were used to each other so he didn't mind. He tried to speak on the phone very little and quietly not to wake up his elder hyung, but he listened to him half asleep to double check everything was okay with you.

Yoongi was struggling, but he channeled all his anger and pain through his rapping and delivered strong and emotional performances. In turn he felt slightly lighter for a bit until he was taken over by his worries again. The band members saw this cycle and let it be as it was what kept Yoongi going and more or less stable.

Four months came and he was told they had finally found the medications that complemented and made a difference in you. After over a year of trying and failing they had finally found something that helped you. He was shocked when they told him you wanted to talk to him. His heart started pounding fast against his chest as he was on hold.

Yoongi? - he heard your voice and his heart skipped a beat, he had missed your voice, specially this softer one which was not filled with despair. Jagi, hi - he trailed off as he forgot what he was going to say. I miss you - you said quietly - I love you...and miss you too - he replied with a sweet and soft voice. Are you mad at me? - you asked hesitantly and he was caught off guard, why would he? Trying to understand where you were coming from, he didn't notice he had stayed in silence for too long - no - he stated firmly.

Thank you - you said after another long silence and he was startled again. What? - was all he could utter. For not giving up on me and for trying to help - you explained yourself. Oh - he breathed out and he felt his heavy heart beat a little lighter as you relieved him of many thoughts that had been haunting him since he left you under their care. I have to go, the nurse needs the phone - you said disappointed. It's okay, jagi, I will call you tomorrow - he replied encouragingly as you said goodbye and hung up.

He sat there looking at his phone for a while thinking about how you didn't hate him. He made sure to get you the best doctor, the best attention, take you to the best place he could find in Seoul, but none of those things mattered if they didn't help you. For the longest time he struggled with his conscience, dragging you around from appointment to appointment and making you swallow pills that didn't make a difference. He wanted you to be alright, he wanted you to smile again, he wanted you back, but he feared you started to hate him for it.

When he left you to go on tour he hadn't told you where you were going and he felt like the worst person for deceiving you and betraying your trust. He didn't know if you'd forgive him, but your well-being mattered more than you rejecting him if that meant they'd keep you alive and safe from the thoughts that tormented you.

Only two more months to go and the tour would be over. The members agreed not to extend it to nine months when they had the chance for the sake of Yoongi. He had sacrificed enough for now and they could always set new dates for an extension later in the year.

It was the last day, they were back in Seoul at the Olympic Stadium ready for their last performance which would close the tour. They had arrived just in time to prepare the concert and Yoongi was beyond frustrated that he couldn't see you until after. This translated into a really foul mood that kept everyone on their toes.

After the last group performance before Suga's solo, he walked past the sound system and kicked the cables that controlled the audio, disconnecting them momentarily. He put his jacket on and took his microphone before picking up a wireless speaker and placing it on his shoulder.

While everyone scrambled around trying to figure out what was causing the technical difficulties, Yoongi climbed on the elevator to the stage. Before anyone could stop him, he pressed the buttons to activate it. The staff running up to him too late trying to warn him that the music was not working.

Once it stopped he raised his head which was hanging low determined and got up from his crouching position. Walking up the stage nonchalantly as the lights quickly turned on with every step he took down the walkway to the center of the stadium. He browsed through his phone and music started blasting off his speaker. He placed it in the middle of the stage as an unheard melody played.

He held his mike up to his mouth and looked around at ARMY. His six hyungs were gathered at the side of the main stage trying to see what was going on. He clearly was unbothered by the technical difficulties. Without anyone being able to stop him, Taehyung got out into the main stage with a selfie stick with his phone attached, ready to record Yoongi.

The older one started rapping his heart out, novel lyrics rolling out of his tongue skillfully. Tae was smiling broadly as he ran around the stage filming his hyung rocking this new song from different angles. ARMY was going crazy at this reveal. Yoongi let the melody play as he took a breather, interacting with the fans around the stage. He resumed the song with an unexpected vocal snippet. You hear that? - Tae screamed at his cellphone full of adrenaline.

He dissed every depressive thought that ever crossed his mind, spit every word of despair that ever came out of your mouth and dropped his mic making a statement before picking up the speaker and waltzing down the walkway and back to the elevator. He crouched on it lowering his head as he breathed heavily and sweat dripped from his forehead. The staff caught on with him and brought him down.

When he looked up all eyes were on him, he took a towel and a bottle of water that they were handing him nodding gratefully and walked past everyone to go to his dressing room. He didn't even stop at Namjoon's confused yelling.

 He didn't even stop at Namjoon's confused yelling

-

Final part coming tomorrow, I don't want it to end :'(