Secret Collaboration (HS)

dopedawg94: that was awesome, kudos!

girlsrapitbest: @dopedawg94 *bows* thank you, thank you

Really? That's your username - someone chuckled and Hobi jumped a little - Yoongi-ah! You scared me, how about you knock when you randomly show up at my studio? - he said slightly annoyed and the older one chuckled. Is that the rapper girl you told me about? - Yoongi asked curiously.

Yes, she's so good! - Hobi gushed over you, he was an avid follower of your Youtube channel. Let me listen to it - his hyung asked and he chose his favorite original song by you. He listened carefully and once the track ended he shared his opinion - wow, she is really good, have you shown Namjoon already?

Yeah, he was so into it as well - Hobi said smiling brightly. Do you think I should ask her to collaborate with the song I'm working on? It could use her touch - he asked feeling unsure. Yeah, why not? I've reached out to smaller artists before - he shrugged squeezing the younger's shoulder. He nodded and gulped - should I go anonymous? Her following isn't that big.

Whatever you feel comfortable with, Hobi-ah, don't think about it so much - he patted him before turning to the door. Just do it, J-Dope - he teased and Hobi chuckled. Come up with something better, Yeonki - he turned around and saw as Yoongi shook his head and walked away smiling amused.

dopedawg94: would you be up for a collab?

girlsrapbest: do you rap too?? but your channel is empty! I'll add my e-mail to the description, message me anytime :D

He carefully put together an e-mail and attached his contact information and a short audio of him freestyling so you'd know what he sounded like. He would see how easy it was to stay anonymous. You lived on the other side of the world though, so maybe you hadn't heard about him.

He continued with his work after sending it and a few hours later, his phone received a notification that he could identify by the ringtone. It was his messaging app. He unlocked it and quickly saw it was a new number. It had to be you, he was so excited.

jungshoe-sok: Hey D-Dawg, you're good! You should upload some of your stuff to your channel! - he chuckled at his newly acquired nickname.

dopedawg94: Haha hello, what should I call you then? - what was your username supposed to mean? he asked himself confused.

jungshoe-sok has changed their display name to rapgirl

dopedawg94 has changed their display name to Ddwag

Ddawg: Rapgirl it is then? haha. I was curious about your name

rapgirl: ugh yes, sorry I created this account a few years ago, so embarrassing. You know J-Hope from BTS? Jung Hoseok is his name. So Jung's Hoe and the play on words with his name, god, what was I thinking.

Hobi laughed out loud, what were the chances. He was about to reply when he saw you were typing, so he waited instead.

rapgirl: I know, don't say anything. Anyway, I listened to your recording, you actually have a similar style to his, I'm loving it - he chuckled, if only you knew, he thought. He was kind of glad you hadn't noticed though.

Hobi shared what he had already worked on with you to get your opinion. Over the next few days, the two of you ended up putting together a song you were both more than happy with. You were impressed when he said he knew someone who could do the final editing to wrap up the project.

He asked the team if they could somehow put together a cover for the song in the style of Hope World but with different colors and made sure they included your username and channel. He decided to tweet about his song.

He uploaded it to SoundCloud and shared the link for the fans as Jungkook recently had. He figured he'd let it get a few views before surprising you with it. He left his studio for dance practice and forgot about it for a few hours.

Meanwhile, your YouTube channel started getting tons of subscribers out of nowhere. You were thrilled as the views on your videos increased by the minute and you got notifications of new comments every other minute. You couldn't keep up.

Reading through the comments you saw someone mentioned J-Hope and you furrowed your eyebrows not quite understanding what they were referring to. For a minute you tried hard to remember if you had left any of your accounts with that embarrassing username up for anyone to see.

You had surely gushed over his rapping on those and even gone as far as to analyze his style in detail. You were pretty sure there should be no more trace of your cringe-y past on the internet. You still liked and supported BTS and J-Hope as artists, but you weren't an obsessive teen anymore.

Your phone went off and you got a message from Ddawg, you were looking forward to hearing from him. It had been a week since he said he'd add the final touches to the song and he'd said nothing ever since.

Ddwag: 2M reproductions, rapgirl - is all he said and attached a link which was conveniently hidden so you couldn't tell what it was before it loaded.

You stared at your screen in disbelief, waiting for the page to load. This was not the time for your crappy phone to take so long. The track finally started playing as a bright colored cover popped up. The title had a sort of pop art style to it and your eyes widened when you read the artist J-Hope ft. RapGirl? J-HOPE?

This couldn't be a joke, there was no way, this was BTS' official account. What was going on? Had you really unknowingly collaborated with Jung Hoseok himself? Had he really seen your awful nickname from years ago?

You died a little inside thinking about what must gone through his head. One thing was being something silly like Hobi's wife which would have been embarrassing too, but then you were basically Hobi's b*tch, you cursed in your mind.

Hobi noticed you had seen the message, but hadn't said anything about it. He couldn't wait to hear your reaction. From your creative username, which made him chuckle again when he recalled it, he hoped you'd be pleasantly surprised and he was excited for you.

 From your creative username, which made him chuckle again when he recalled it, he hoped you'd be pleasantly surprised and he was excited for you

-

Idea for this story by ClosetKPopFan ❤️

To be continued...