Singing in the shower (JM)

Jimin was laying on your bed going through his phone while you took a shower. Your apartment was nice and snug, so he could hear you across the hallways no problem. He jerked his head up staring at the door, how had he never heard you sing before? He got up and walked to the bathroom's door to listen more closely. Your singing voice was surprisingly good.

When you opened the door wrapped in your towel you saw your boyfriend was standing right there. He smiled widely at you and you looked at him confused - you were singing in the shower - he said excited. You felt embarrassed he had heard you, how could he call that singing next to his actual singing. Uh, I didn't know you could hear me - you mumbled blushing.

He followed you as you made your way to the room to get some clothes still smiling in shock. But that was actually really good - he kept talking. You looked back at him surprised - that's ridiculous, Jiminie, I most definitely am not - you laughed brushing his comment off.

Can I write a song for us? - he asked with an alluring smile. What? You actually want to record my voice? - you asked in disbelief now seeing he was being dead serious. Just for us, and close friends, maybe - for being terrible with aegyo, Jimin was extremely cute without trying. He kept shaking your arm and smiling at you in an adorable way trying to get you to say yes.

You dropped your arms giving up your attempts at pulling your clothes out of the drawers as your boyfriend wouldn't let go of your arm. We can try, but I can't promise something will come out of it - you said warily as you still didn't believe you could pull it off. Thank you, jagi! - he kissed your cheek and did a little happy dance that made you giggle.

He walked over to his phone and started typing right away. What are you doing? - you asked worried he was telling the guys about it - taking notes of some ideas for later - he replied chuckling. You shook your head amused at his excessive excitement.

Later that week you were at work and your phone started ringing, it was Jimin. You furrowed your eyebrows, he never called you during work hours. You picked up concerned - Jiminie, is everything okay? - you asked worried. Yes, perfectly fine, why? - he chuckled confused at your assumption that the call was about something negative. Why are you calling? I'm at work - you said rushing him a little.

I finished the song, the melody and lyrics, everything! - he said impatiently. Already? - you were shocked, it had only been three days. Can you come to the studio after work? One of the recording rooms will be free this evening - he asked a little nervous about your answer at such short notice. 

Tonight? Really? - you said laughing softly. He remained silent waiting for a definite yes or no. Well, okay, why not? - you said but quickly added - but no promises it'll work out - you were afraid of disappointing him. You didn't really think you could do it, but you didn't have the heart to say no when you saw how he reacted when he heard you that day.

You had just got out of work and were in a taxi heading to Big Hit to meet Jimin. When you got out of the car you could see him waving from behind the glass doors at the entrance. This guy was so excited and it went from cute to unnerving. You were starting to feel the pressure to do your best for him.

Jiminie, someone might see us meeting - you said running up to him and pushing him toward the elevator. I just got here, when you sent your text - he said brushing your worries off. Do you think we'll be able to record already? - you asked nervously - shouldn't I take a lesson or something first? - you suggested thinking of how you didn't really know anything about proper singing.

Oh, we can go over some of the basics if you want - he proposed cheerfully. You nodded and walked into the recording room after him. Hours passed and after a brief lesson from Jimin, you recorded bits of his song over and over again. You were not hitting the notes and your voice was off-pitch on most tries. You were starting to feel overwhelmed and frustrated.

Jimin was being extremely patient with you and never got discouraged. However, you couldn't take it anymore when your voice started cracking and burst into tears. I can't do this, Jimin. I won't ever do your song justice - you said in between sobs. His smiley face instantly turned upside down and he took your hand, brushing your hair off your face with his free one.

I know you can. Let's continue some other time, you're not used to signing, that's why your voice is cracking now - he said trying to help you calm down. He moved his hand to hold your head lovingly and pressed a sweet kiss on your forehead. Okay - was all you said, still worried you wouldn't pull it off even after giving your voice a break.

Do you want to come to the dorms with me? Jin is making dinner tonight and he just told me there's enough for you if you want to join us - he gave you a small smile, he wanted to distract you from your frustration. He too got upset when his voice cracked, specially live. The good thing about this is you could record it as many times as you needed until it came out just right.

Sure, I haven't seen them in a while - you said wiping the tears off your face and eyes with the back of your wrists, shyly smiling at him. You walked hand in hand, staying away from avenues and walking through quieter areas not to be spotted. It was a long walk to the dorms, but you were happy to be with him for a little longer before joining the rest of the band.

When you finally made it to the apartment, Jimin opened the door and motioned with his arm for you to walk in first, closing the door behind you. You greeted the guys which were sat around the coffee table and waiting for you to start eating. You apologized for keeping them waiting.

It's no problem, Jimin-ssi told us you were recording! - you heart sank as Jin said that, you really didn't want to talk about this anymore. So you have a good singing voice? What other secrets are you hiding from us? - Hobi chimed in teasing you. You giggled awkwardly hoping that was the end of the conversation, but it wasn't.

 You giggled awkwardly hoping that was the end of the conversation, but it wasn't

-

To be continued...

I finally got an idea to finish this oneshot, ugh.