Interrogatory (HS)

You were introducing your boyfriend to your family, your mom had invited you two over for dinner as your older brother was visiting town. Hobi was excited but nervous, he didn't know what to expect. You assured him that they were very nice people and he'd be just fine, but obviously he couldn't help but worry. Specially about what they'd think of his life and how compatible that was with your relationship.

Oh, your siblings are going to be there too? - Hobi asked surprised as he nervously interrogated you about your family to feel prepared. I only have one older brother, yes, he's in Seoul for a few days - you replied a little tired of all the questions, but it was the only thing that comforted him right now. Do you think he'll approve of me? - he said suddenly worried about a third person being present. He's a good guy, you'll be fine, Hobi, I promise - you sighed and patiently answered.

Your boyfriend decided to stay quite for the rest of the car drive as you looked a little irritated. The taxi stopped and he looked out the window at your childhood home, he imagined what it must have been like for you to grow up here. He quickly paid the driver before you could and opened the door and held it for you once he got out.

You took Hobi's hand in yours to reassure him and he looked at you with a tight smile. He rang the doorbell and you waited. The voice of your mom telling everyone you were here could be heard before she opened the door. She made an appearance in front of you as she was still looking back at the living room. Hobi inhaled deeply and forgot how to breath.

Hey mom - you looked at her smiling brightly when she turned around - hello dear - she quickly smiled and turned to look at Hobi who was frozen - and you must be Hoseok! What a handsome young man you are indeed. He finally breathed out with a soft laugh and was about to bow to greet your mom when he was pulled into a hug. You giggled at the dumbstruck expression on his face.

You walked in after your mom and you hung your coats and belongings on the coat rack. Hobi placed his bag on the bench and wrapped the scarf around the handle. He was wearing a plain navy blue sweater under his camel colored woolen coat, pale blue jeans ripped at the knees and white sneakers. His hair stood out as it was currently pink with grey streaks.

You made your way to the living room as your mom headed to the kitchen, she told you not to worry about helping now and talk to your dad and brother. When they saw Hobi they were surprised, but as you introduced him to your dad, his expression softened and he smiled as he was greeted by him with a respectful bow.

Hobi turned to greet your brother and smiled brightly - it's nice to meet you, hyung - he said and extended a hand. You brother looked at him with an intimidating face and just nodded, ignoring his hand as he turned around and headed for the couch. Hobi's face dropped and he gulped, off to a bad start with him. Please take a seat - your father said as he walked back to his armchair.

Do you drink Hoseok, do you want some wine? - your dad asked offering an empty glass and holding the wine bottle. He nodded - of course, thank you - he smiled as he took the glass off his hands and held it for him to fill it. Hobi looked at you and touched your hand which was resting on your lap to get your attention, asking if you wanted some.

As you shook your head he could feel a burning stare on the side of his face. He glanced to where your brother was sitting and there he was, glaring at him. Hobi took his hand off yours self-consciously, however, as you noticed he was uneasy for some reason, you reached for it and intertwined your fingers with his. In your attempt to comfort him, your brother fixed his eyes on him rather than looking away.

Dinner was almost ready so you told Hobi you'd go help your mom and he could keep chatting with your dad who was very curious about what his life was like. He seemed rather comfortable with him, so you figured there was no need to worry. Your brother was quiet as usual so you didn't mind him. Your boyfriend looked at you a little alarmed as you got up, but nodded and turned back to your dad.

After only a couple of minutes he excused himself to get another bottle of wine and Hobi looked at him panicked as he walked off and left him alone with your brother. Your boyfriend turned around to look at him with a tight, awkward smile, not sure what to say to have him loosen up. He was about to open his mouth when he cut him off nodding to his head - what's with the hair? - he looked at his pink locks with a scrunched nose.

Oh, it's the look for the last album's jacket photoshoot that we did just a couple days ago - he answered ignoring the disgusted face he was making and gave him another small smile. How long have you known my little sister? - he asked seriously. About 10 months, we've been in a relationship for 8 months though - he said as he nodded taking the information in.

What is it like, the idol life? - he asked and Hobi wasn't sure which part he was referring to - do you exclusively hang out with other idols and keep to a closed circle of men and women? - he continued and your boyfriend got the idea of where he was going. No, not really, I'm pretty open to people in general and we don't have a lot of time to meet other idols except for award shows and such - he explained himself.

Your brother looked at him pensively, his frown not leaving his face - what are the girls like when they are not putting up a show? - he asked raising an eyebrow. Ah there he goes, trick question, Hobi smirked not fooled and your brother looked intrigued awaiting his answer - I have no idea, I've only interacted with them during events, no time - your boyfriend shot back disappointing him. He was still not convinced by his big smile, he had to be hiding something.

Even though he had not smiled like that at him since he turned down his handshake, he felt like there had to be a fault he was missing. You were his only sister and were very precious to him, he didn't want you to be hurt by some jerk idol who secretly went around behind your back. That kind of life seemed so different than what you were like, he wasn't sure what you saw in Hoseok. Were you just dazzled by the pretty boy and he'd dump you when he got bored?

There was an awkward silence in which he stared at Hobi intensely and he pretended to be very interested in one of the decorations of the coffee table not to look at the floor.

-

To be continued....