Squids and Kraken

After a few weeks you had already become friends with most of the people from class. Especially Shiemi became a good friend of yours.
Rin was always really nie to you, but you were still unsure wether you could trust him and if he was worthy of your protection.
But Rin wasnt the only boy out of class that was nice to you. Bon and Shima were also pretty nice to you, but you couldnt quite understand why.
It wasnt a big secret that Shima is quite perverted, and more than once you had caught him staring at your body.

The only people that you couldn't get a connection to were Izumo, the weird guy with the handpuppet and that other guy that always had his hood on, hiding his face. Something told you that you knew the guy with the hood, and that it is actually not a guy.

After two weeks of attendig the school and cram school, one of the teachers, Kaoru Tsubaki, send Shima, Rin, Izumo and you on a mission. The boys were super hyped meanwhile Izumo and you werent looking forward to it.

Normally you wouldnt go on a mission like this, but since it was now your job to protect Rin you didnt had much of a choice

Normally you wouldnt go on a mission like this, but since it was now your job to protect Rin you didnt had much of a choice. The mission consisted of going to a little town near the ocean and selling grilled squid at the beach.

"What is this mission? We want to become exorcists not salesman!" You mumbled upset, as you sat in a plastic chair next to the grill.

"Heyy, at last we get to have fun at the beach!" Rin smiled at you as he stood infront of the grill, preparing the squids you were going to sell.

"You call this fun? Its just hot and we dont even get to swim!" You continued complaining. You hadn't even spent a day in the village and you were already fed up with the mission.

"If you want you can join Izumo and Shima, I can grill the squids alone." Rin suggested.

"Thanks for the offer, thats really nice of you Rin, but I will stay here."

"Ok! I enjoy your company!"  You couldn't help but blush at his words.

"I also like talking to you..." You mumbled and scolded yourself at the same time for being so nice to a demon.

"(Y/N)? Can I ask you something?" Rin asked, keeping his eyes on the grill.

"Sure what is it?" You replied softy. 

"Why do you want to become a exorcist?" He faced you.

That was a good question, why did you become an excorcist?
Back then you didnt really have a choice, it was just the deal you had made with the true cross order. 

You would become an excorcist and help the true cross order fight demons and they would provide you with anything you needed to live.
You had to think very hard about a reason that you could use. You couldnt tell Rin that Satan had killed your parents and that you wanted revenge, because everyone tought your parents were still alive and moved to Tokyo with you. But what other reasons were there besides revenge to become an exorcist?