Chapter 13: Homecoming

Chapter 13

The day was finally here.

Homecoming.

Ashley, Ellie, and Nicole were all over as we got ready for the dance.

Despite the weird heart to heart we'd had at the slumber party, things were kind of okay now.

With my father's permission, we completely took over the game room today. Every hair appliance possible was plugged in around the room, various mirrors from around the house set up against the walls, makeup covering the ping pong table, and our dresses neatly hung up on the closet door.

Nicole had straightened my hair for me, and it was all silky and nice, reaching down to the middle of my back.

There were no knots in it, which was completely shocking. My hair was usually a rat's nest.

"Do you have any more lotion? You just ran out." Nicole frowned, squeezing air out of the tube as she attempted to moisturize her legs.

"Yea I still need to do that too." Ellie added, focusing intently as she curled Ashley's short brown hair.

I nodded, pushing myself up from the ground where I'd been starting to do my makeup.

Without a word, I walked to the bathroom, hoping that I wouldn't run into the guys. It was already 3, so they'd start getting ready soon.

We were all meeting at 5 for pictures at the country club that we all belonged to.

I grabbed a fresh thing of body lotion from the bathroom cupboard and headed out of the bathroom.

"No Mark you don't understand I can't wear it like that!" I heard Logan groan through the open doorway of Mark's room.

"Dude just shut up. It's Marley, she's not gonna care how you wear your damn tie." Wesley groaned.

With a smile, I went back into the game room and tossed the lotion to Nicole.

"You guys are heading back to Logan's for the after party, right?" Ellie asked.

"Yea of course. I'm spending the night." I replied, focusing intently on my eyeliner.

It had to look perfect.

"Do your brothers know that?" Nicole raised her eyebrows, spreading lotion across her legs.

"Well obviously. We're all spending the night." I laughed, trying not to move my head too much. "But I mean they think I'll be staying with friends. I'll probably end up crashing in Logan's room."

"You guys do it yet?" Nicole asked with a giggle.

"Nah. We almost did on Monday but his mom kept bringing us food so we just ended up watching movies." I laughed. "I mean, I really really like him and it's not just physical. Spending time with him is just as good."

"Lame." Ashley laughed, shaking her head.

"Uh excuse me, it's perfectly normal to like someone as a boyfriend." Ellie laughed.

"Okay shut up you didn't even like Kent when he first kissed you." Nicole rolled her eyes, standing up from the couch.

"Okay but I like him now." Ellie replied with a shrug.

Nicole turned up the music, and conversation ceased for a while. I finished my makeup, and it almost looked professional.

By then, it was already 4.

Nicole, Ashley, and I had already finished our hair and makeup, while Nicole was still straightening Ellie's crazy red hair.

We were all sporting similar outfits of spandex and t-shirts, with our hair and makeup all done up.