Chapter 31: New Year's Eve Party

Chapter 31

"I'm so excited for this!" I said loudly to my brothers as I joined them in the movie theater.

They all exuberantly agreed.

Tonight, it was New Years Eve. We were having a party at Jane's house. 

It surprised all of us when she suggested it. But Henry and Jane were taking the girls to Henry's parents house for New Years, so we'd be home alone. And the insane woman allowed her teenage kids to stay alone in the house. 

Alex supplied us with all of the alcohol. All of our friends from school were coming, James' friends who were home from college would be coming, and all of Alex's friends would probably be attending to. 

It was going to be a full house. 

We designated the movie theater as our 'headquarters'. Which meant that this was where we would go if we needed something or needed to regroup. It would be the silent room. But off limits to anyone else. Our bedrooms would also be off limits but the movie theater was a more neutral ground for us to gather in.

"James is on music, start it when the volume reaches the level that you have to yell at someone to talk to them." I instructed, checking my hair in the mirror we'd set up.

"Logan is on his way. He's parking in the garage and putting his keys in here." Mark added. 

"Yea that's what Nicole did." I added. 

"That's all we can have in the garage though. We don't have room for more than two more cars." Michael gave me a look. 

"Don't look at me! It's only fifty percent my issue!"I protested, holding out my arms with a laugh. 

"So we all know the rules for tonight?" Michael said, finishing his bottle of water before throwing it in the trash. 

"Nobody else allowed in here." I nodded. 

"No boys in our rooms." Mark said, glaring at me. 

"No girls in our rooms." I snapped at him, crossing my arms. 

"And the two of you need to be separated. We don't need any fighting tonight." Alex said, shaking his head. 

By 10:00, almost everybody in the house was either tipsy or drunk. The music was blasting. I was dancing with Logan, trying not to pay attention to the glares that Mark was giving me across the room. 

"Your brother looks pissed." Logan whispered in my ear. 

"Isn't he always?" I rolled my eyes, turning around to face him. "I'm going to get another drink. Want one?" 

"I've got it." Logan said, kissing my cheek before walking away. 

Alex, Michael, James, and I were the only ones of our family not drinking alcohol tonight. I'd been surviving on just water. Alex and James didn't drink because they were in charge and wanted to be coherent if anything bad happened. But I'm not sure why Michael didn't drink. 

I don't think Logan was that drunk either, but his breath still smelled like alcohol. 

I didn't want him to be drinking but I'd feel bad if I asked him not to...

"What's wrong? You look pissed." Mark said behind me. 

"Where's Nicole?" I frowned, looking around. 

"Bathroom. Why do you look pissed? What did Logan do?" Mark said seriously, his hand on my arm. 

"Nothing." I rolled my eyes. "I'm not pissed."