13. Day 4

Leorio POV:

I woke up with Kurapika safely in my arms. He looks so peaceful when he sleeps...

I leaned forward and kissed his forehead.

Outside, the birds were singing their morning song and the wind was dancing through the trees. The morning sun shone through my blinds; occasionally a cloud flew by, causing my room to go dim. Aside from that, everything else was still. I lay in bed, taking it all in; the calming harmony of nature, the stress-free atmosphere and, most importantly, someone I loved lay next to me.

Kurapika stirred, his eyes fluttered open and he squinted at the sun that flooded the room.

"Morning honey-pie." I said not-so-seriously.

He softly giggled. "Don't ever say that again." He gazed into my eyes, smiling.

I grinned. "Ok sweetie." I said in a disgustingly sweet voice.

Kurapika gave me a fake frown and turned his back towards me.
"I'm not talking to you." He moaned.

"Aww I'm sorry Kurapika." I said as I pulled him close and shrouded him with small pecks all around his face and neck.

After he was satisfied with the amount of kisses, I heard him laugh to himself. "Ok I forgive you." he turned back to face me, pulling me into a kiss in the process.

When did we get so sweet? We went from learning Nen to accidentally sharing a bed to going on a date and now we're acting like newly weds... I mean- I'm not complaining. But, I wonder what's going through his head.

I leaned over Kurapika and grabbed my phone.

"Kurapika it's 11:45, we should get up."

"Nooo~" He said playfully. "Five more minutesss~" He nuzzled his face into my neck.

I blushed. How can I say no to that.

"Ok no more than five minutes." I giggled and shut my eyes.

I like this side of him... I don't see it very often. So child-like... I thought to myself.

Time skip 15 minutes

"It's 12:00 Kurapika. Let's go eat." I asked calmly as I sat him and I up.

He groaned and flopped down back onto the bed.

"I'll make you brunch if you get up." I proposed as I stood up.

He opened his eyes to look at me. He rolled on his back and reached his arms up.

"Carry me please." He whined while clenching and unclenching his hands at me.

I complied and picked him up like a child. Similarly to before, his arms were placed around my neck and his legs were wrapped around my waist.

We made our way to the kitchen and I sat him down on the kitchen counter so I could keep an eye on him while I cooked.

"Hey Leorio, have you been practicing your Ten?" He asked while I started cooking.

I thought for a second. "That's the... is that where your aura flows around you?" I looked at him for an answer and he nodded. "No, do I have to?"

He frowned, it was clear he'd switched from his fluffy childish mood to his natural motherly instincts.

"Leorio we spoke about this! You need to practice at least 15 minutes a day." He lectured.

Jeez I already miss his cutesy phase.

"I'll do it later."

"No. Do it now." He demanded.

"I'm cooking." I grumbled.

"How are you meant to fight with aura if you can't cook with aura?" He spouted.

Before I knew it, he'd had his way.

"Fine."

I released my aura and continued cooking. I glanced to the side to see him smiling once again.

Once I finished cooking I carried him and our food to the sofa.

As we began to eat our food, there was a brief silence.

"Sorry about last night..." I said.

He blushed and looked away in embarrassment, probably remembering what had happened only a few hours ago.

"I'm sorry if I worried you." he responded.

'sorry if I worried you'- you have no idea Kurapika.

We paused until I started awkwardly chuckling. Kurapika looked at me in confusion.

"Last night was so embarrassing." I laughed.

He faintly smiled.

"Yeah..."

****