6. Please Stay

Leorio POV:

When the pizza arrived, me and Kurapika sat down to enjoy our lunch.

As I took my first bite, Kurapika started our conversation; "So I'm going back home tomorrow."

"Hm!" I muffled as I quickly swallowed my food. "What? But you've only just got here!" 

"Leorio it's been about a month now...you've learnt Nen, my job is done."

Damn I kinda liked having Kurapika around... He'd make sure I didn't over work, he cleaned my house and he just - he just made me happy...

"But I haven't fully learnt Nen! You must stay."

"I can't Leorio, I need to find a job ready for York New."

"But that's 2 months away!" I protested.

He didn't respond, he took a bite out of his food, ignoring me sat next to him. I grabbed the pizza from his hand. "Don't ignore me Kurapika.".

He sighed. "What do you want me to say?"

"Stay-" he cut me off.

"Other than staying here" he said.

I paused. How else can I make him stay? Whatever I say next could determine whether he stays or goes.

"Stay for another month." I begged.

It was his turn to pause now.

"I'll stay till the end of the month."

That's 10 days at least- I smiled. "Deal." I gleamed.

He nodded his head in agreement and took his pizza slice back from out my hand. I'm so happy I get to spend more time with him.

We finished our food, just talking about anything and everything.

"Oh." he said as he put the pizza box in the bin. "Do you happen to have another bed? That sofa is really taking a toll on me."

"Um... you can use my bed. I suppose I could sleep of the sofa for 10 days."

"What? No no you can keep your bed. Like you said - it's only 10 days."

Ah why is he like this - so modest and selfless. Kurapika if you want something, you have to take it!

"I insist on you sleeping in my bed. Don't argue with me on this."

He looked at the ground and nodded, he pulled his usual sad face as if he'd done something wrong. I love his smile. I wish he smiled more.

****