15. Day 5

Leorio POV:

After washing off our makeup, me and Kurapika had fallen asleep together on the sofa. It was now morning, and we were still holding each other.

I love waking up with him in my arms.

I gently petted his hair, thinking back to these past four days...

He makes every second just that much better... Our time is already half way gone. What's gonna happen when he leaves? I'd ask him to keep in contact but he mentioned getting and job as a Hunter... Meaning he probably won't have time for me. Of course I understand the job but I don't like the thought of being all by myself once again. I like peace and solitude while I'm studying but... Being by myself all of the time- It makes me feel this indescribable feeling of emptiness... A feeling that something is missing... Recently, I've found that something... It's not money or women or knowledge...

It's Kurapika.

I hugged the man next to me tighter due to the spiralling thoughts that crossed my mind. My action caused him to stir and open his eyes.

"Morning Kura." I smiled.

"Huh?" He looked around the room, confused. "Did we sleep... here?" He asked.

"What do you think?" I chuckled at his obvious question as I nudged him.

He smiled tiredly, "I'll go make us some coffee then." He stood up and slowly trudged to the kitchen.

I heard a cupboard open, followed by an annoyed and tired sigh.

"Leorio, where's the coffee?"

Oh no I forgot to buy it.

"I brought some, it should be there..."

I heard a grunt, this time with a hint of anger.

"Leorio I wish you wouldn't lie to me, you know it doesn't work."

Why did I think I could lie to him... He's like a mother in more than just a caring way...

"Sorry-" I tried to say before being cut off.

"No. Leorio. You ALWAYS forget to go shopping, eh? You have time to buy that silly makeup stuff but can't buy basic things." He complained.

He forcefully opened the fridge.
"Milk, eggs, peppers, ketchup, butter... I told you to buy these things TWO days ago but 'oh would you look at that- they're not there."

Sat in shocked silence. It's too early for this.

Kurapika appeared in my peripheral vision, I didn't dare make eye contact with him... That look could kill.

He crossed his arms. "Are you even listening to me?" He rumbled, now fully awake.

I looked at him and stood up, starting to walk closer to him.
"Kurapika, calm down."

He made an inexpressible face.

I shouldn't have said that.

"Leorio. All I asked you to do was buy a few things. Is that too much to ask for? I do everything else in this apartment so that you can study in a clean space and you can't do this ONE thing?"

"Well, I never asked you to do those things." I snapped, now also wide awake.

"Fine." He pushed passed me and walked in the bedroom, coming out in a hoodie. "I'm going out." He said, shaking with anger. He grabbed his wallet and my keycard and before he slammed the door shut, I let out an angry grunt.

*SLAM*

Silence.

It's just some shopping... What's the big deal?

After he stormed out the house, I decided to calm down and study more. Since Kurapika's been here, I've only done about 25 hours of studying in total. Considering that's over a month, that's not much.

In a weird way I was glad he was gone.

****

I usually have a cup of coffee for breakfast but since we were out and Kurapika took my keycard, I had to skip it.

Due to my lack of caffeine, I struggled to keep my eyes open during my revision session.

After about an hour of failing to take in what I was learning, I got up from my study corner and made my way to the fridge to grab a snack.

However, when I opened the door, it was empty.

I guess he wasn't exaggerating then.

I open the cupboard which held my secret stash of instant noodles and started cooking the meal I had eaten everyday for 9 months prior to Kurapika's visit.

Kurapika told me to use Nen while I cooked, and so naturally I released my aura without much thought.

I sat down on the sofa with my bowl of noodles and turned the TV on, it was showing the end credits of the last movie me and Kurapika watched last night.

Huh? Does my life really revolve around Kurapika this much? He's somehow connected to everything I do!

Time skip 6 hours.

*bzzz* *bzzz*

My concentration was broken by the notification on my phone. I hurriedly snatched the device to see if Kurapika had texted.

To my disappointment, it was just a notification from a mobile game. While I had my phone in my hand, I checked the time. 4:45.

Man I'm bored... Is this really how I spent my time before?

"Oh I know, I'll go for a walk." I announced to myself.

"Oh I don't have a keycard- Oh! I do! I have a spare one in my bedroom... Somewhere..."

Time skip 15 minutes

After rummaging through my room, I'd finally found the spare keycard under my bed and could finally go on my walk.

Maybe I should do some shopping aswell...

During my stroll, I ventured from my apartment complex to a local dog park, I walked through a popular part of town and finally made it to a supermarket, not far from my apartment.

I brought everything I could remember that Kurapika listed, along with a chocolate cake and some red wine.

Kurapika once told me he doesn't actually like red wine but he likes the colour so he drinks it. I chuckled at the small memory that crossed my mind.

Walking back home took longer that expected but I had time to think about how responsible I was being.

Kurapika made it out to be stressful but I feel pretty good at the moment.

In all honesty, I did feel good in that moment but then I opened my door.

The bin was full, I had dirty bowls and cups on the coffee table, my books were completely scattered. I walked around the room and peered inside my extremely messy bedroom with no sign of Kurapika.

I think I understand. I sat on the sofa in speculation.

I think I understand what Kurapika was actually saying... The apartment wouldn't look like this if he was here. It's only been a day and my room is already in the disgusting state it was before Kurapika arrived.

How am I going to live when he actually leaves?

I need him back.

****