17. Day 6

Leorio POV:

I had barely slept a wink last night. I couldn't get Kurapika off my mind. He was so mad at me and my time with him was quickly slipping away. However, I was still confused;

I don't fully understand what I did. I just forgot to go shopping? Why should I apologise when he started the arguement first?

I discarded my thoughts when my back started painfully aching.

It must be from sleeping on the sofa again. I'll go for a walk and try stretch it out. Plus, there's a new book I want to buy anyway.

As I got ready, I made my morning coffee. I had to wear the same clothes from yesterday since I didn't dare walk into my bedroom while Kurapika was in there.

I had my hand on the door knob, ready to leave:

Should I leave a note?

I decided to leave one. Just in case. I poured him a glass of water beside the note also. For safe keeping.

Time skip 30 minutes

My back feels a lot better after walking a bit.

I reach the floor to my apartment, taking a deep breath before entering my room.

My eyes made their way to the glass of water, which hadn't been touched.

Hmm I guess he's not awake yet.

However, I was wrong. I turn the corner into the kitchen and there he was. He had his back to me while he was pouring salt and pepper onto his eggs. He spun around, immediately gaining eye contact. He had a strange look on his face. It was full of fear, shock and anger. Yet- he also looked timid and embarrassed- upset even.

"Oh." He quietly whispered. "Welcome back." He mumbled.

He tried to step past me but I stepped in front of him. He then tried to step to the other side of me and I stepped in front of him once again. And ditto ditto until he finally stopped. He didn't say anything.

"Kura-" I voiced.

"Not now Leorio." He spat.

He pushed past me and ate his food on the sofa.

I was rather surprised at his actions. He's never been so hostile before...

I tried to brush it off and started to read my book.

Time skip 3 hours (13:00)

Kurapika had already sneaked off back to my bedroom; whereas I had just finished my book. I wasn't really in the mood to study so I decided to meditate with my Nen.

I crossed my legs and closed my eyes, releasing my aura at the same time.

I never do things like this... It feels weird. What do people usually think about? Can I think about anything? Because in that case...

...tits.

I smile to myself. I'm hilarious sometimes...

Maybe I should think about Kurapika and review the situation...

He said he was tired of doing everything around the apartment and he wished I did stuff too. To which I replied that I didn't ask him to. That's where he stormed out.

I shouldn't have said that honestly... Kurapika is like a mother so of course that would hurt him...

Maybe I should be the one to apologise afterall.

How?

It's rare for me to come across a situation where I HAVE to apologise. Well, in this case, I WANT to apologise.

I need a good apology though...

After roughly ten minutes of brainstorming I had finally come up with the perfect scheme to say sorry. It was now time to put my plan into action. I want it to be ready at 19:00 at the earliest. So there's going to be a lot of waiting...

"Kurapika I'm going out for a bit." I yelled.

Pretty sure he heard me shout and is ignoring me. I wish he'd stop being so bloody cute in doing so though.

Time skip an hour and a half

On my walk back to the apartment the time was 14:30.

How am I gonna kill 5 hours?

When I came home I lay on the sofa and shut my eyes. Soon loosing consciousness.

Time skip 6 hours

"Huh?" I said aloud. I looked around the room. It was quite dark outside so I checked my watch. 20:30? Nice! That's perfect!

I hopped from the sofa and took the red wine and chocolate cake from out the fridge. Hopefully the wine isn't going to be too cold.

I grabbed my shopping bag from this morning and started to unload the contents.

****

Firstly, white icing. I was planning to write "I'm sorry." on the cake. I'm not sure whether or not he'll like it but hopefully he will be slightly impressed.

Secondly, I had brought these fancy wine glasses. They were tinted red at the bottom and faded into opaque glass. I poured the wine into the glasses and set it aside.

I'd also brought a ton of rose petals. I was going to sprinkle them across the floor and sofa. Knowing Kurapika, he'll be annoyed at the mess. I smiled at the thought.

Finally, I had brought two picture frames. Inside them I placed two printed out copies of our makeup from a few nights ago. I think Kurapika is quite a sentimental person. There's nothing I can do to stop him leaving in 4 days... So it would be nice to have a memory.

I brought these items to the coffee table and laid them out symmetrically, spreading the rose petals around the area.

I dimmed the lights and let out a small sigh.

****

How am I going to get Kurapika out my room though?

I approached the door and gently knocked. "Kurapika? Can you come out please?"

I heard a small sniffle and some shuffling.

"Ok." He agreed.

That was easy.

I stepped back and waited for him to open the door and see the scene.

He slowly started to shift the door open, peering his head towards me, then to the sofa.

****