2. In the Woods

Kurapika allowed his legs to take him wherever. He wallowed in his tiny bubble of frustration, when suddenly something hit his legs and sent him toppling over.

He wasn't able to process what was happening and therefore managed to fall flat on his face.

"Ouch" he groaned.

He looked back to see a dark brown tree trunk staring back at him.

Despite the fresh scratch on his face - he was grateful that the tree trunk had snapped him back to reality. He smiled and sat himself upon the trunk. He was going to start planning his next course of action when a loud roar of laughter came from behind a tree.

Kurapika quickly stood in a ready stance, not taking his eyes off the source of the sound.

"That was quite a fall you took there my man" a voice giggled.

Without a second to think, Kurapika spun round and attacked. Much to his dismay, the voice dodged his attack by jumping backwards. At the same time- holding up a Hunter's license.

Kurapika instinctively reached for his license in his pocket when the voice spoke once again.

"I think this is what you're looking for"

The boy looked up to see the brown-haired man from earlier, holding up his license.

"I took this from you without you even noticing - are you sure you're a Hunter?" the man taunted.

"Give that back!" Kurapika yelled as he charged the man, who slid out the way.

"Nu-uh" the man said playfully "You're gonna have to earn it"

"How." Kurapika demanded.

Time skip to a month later

Kurapika had finally awoken his skills in Nen.

There were still 3 months until he met up with everyone in York New - now that he had passed the real Hunter's exam, he was waiting for a job based in York New.

For his wait, Kurapika had brought a hotel room to relax a bit before the auction.

Inevitably, Kurapika couldn't help but to think of how his friends from the Hunters exam were getting along. A part of him missed them.

In all honesty, he wasn't too worried about Gon and Killua, he was more worried about Leorio. 'Leorio has probably spent this whole year studying for medical school' he thought to himself.

****

A few hours later, the blonde boy couldn't get Leorio out of his head- what if something bad happens in York New- Leorio would be helpless...

Kurapika wasnt the type of person to impulsively check up on his friends but he just couldn't shake this feeling- within the hour, he was on a flight to Leorio's hometown to teach him the basics on Nen.

****