7. Day 1

Leorio POV:

Argh this sofa is so uncomfortable.

I tossed and turned until I threw the covers off of myself.

I can't sleep at all!

I slumped over to the kitchen and poured myself a glass of water.

How is it 4:30 already!

I yawned and made my way to the bathroom and looked in the mirror.

Wow I look rough

I stretched my arms up to the ceiling and made my way, in the dark, back to my room and back onto my bed where I fell asleep almost instantly upon lying down.

****

~5:00am

*CRASH*

"L-LEORIO!"

I stirred, half-asleep, I opened my eyes.

Kurapika?

I rubbed my eyes and my vision became clearer. Kurapika had fallen out of bed, he was covering his chest as if he were a woman and he had a petrified look on his face.

"Y-you didn't do anything d-did you?" He looked around the room, clearly in shock.

"What?" I sat up. "N-no Kura, I didn't do anything... don't worry"

It must have been the confused look on my face that caused him to sigh with relief.

"O-okay" he stuttered.

"Kura... I'm sorry it must have just been force of habit to come to my bed."

He blushed and looked down "It's fine. It's your house after all."

I knew exactly what he was going to say next.

"Um I'll sleep on the sofa tonight, ok?" he said, standing up.

I smiled playfully "No you're not, you're sleeping with me." As I said that, I pulled him onto the bed and hugged him tight. He resisted at first but soon accepted his bear-hug-fate.

"I'm sleepy Kurapika. Let me sleep a bit" I playfully complained.

"What are you doing?" he stated.

"If you want something - take it" I said half-mindedly.

He didn't reply but instead - snuggled into my arms.

What AM I doing? Why do I want him in my arms... I don't ever want to let go of him.

I wish we could stay like this forever...

****

A few hours later

Kurapika POV:

I woke up in Leorio's bed alone.

Was this morning just a dream? It felt so... warm.

I got out of bed and walked to the kitchen.

"Leorio?" Where is he? "Leorio you here-" I stopped speaking when I saw a note on the kitchen counter. It was barely legible:

Gone to buy us breakfast. Won't be long.
-Leorio

This isn't like him at all. Buy us breakfast?

I discarded the note and explored his apartment in more detail. There were a lot of books; most to do with science, some hunter books and a few magazines. I made my way around the living room when I came across a box. Intrigued, I opened it. I blushed. Inside the box was a printed photo of me, Gon, Killua and Leorio.

"Never forget" I read aloud. Those two words somehow brought tears to my eyes. My knees went weak and I fell to the floor, holding back a cry.

What's wrong with me? Why am I being so emotional? It's just a picture.

I held the photo up to my heart. I knew things were going to change. I was so scared of the future. Things will never be the same as when we first met.

"Never forget" I repeated. We hadn't know each other for long but ever since I met Gon and Leorio on the ship... I've never been happier... but... it's all gonna go away.

"Look at me" I sniffed, "Crying over a picture. Who am I?" I forced a smile.

*click*

My stomach dropped. The door unlocked and slowly started to creep open.

Leorio can't see me like this! I had no time to think and quickly spun round so my back was towards the man. However, Leorio could see right through me.

"Kurapika..."

I heard a bag drop on the ground and the door slam as Leorio rushed to my aid.

"Kurapika, what's wrong?" He grabbed both my shoulders in an attempt to make my whimpering self look him in the eye.

I rubbed a tear from my eye. "It's nothing - really." I tried to stand up when he pulled me back down into a hug.

What's with this guy and hugging?

The hug wasn't tight, it was purely there to comfort me, he petted my hair and ran his fingers inbetween it.

"It's ok. I'm here." he whispered.

Those were exactly the words I needed to hear. I pull away, looking into his eyes as he returned the stare. I started to slowly lean forward and so did he... I felt so calm, I was sad but at this moment in time, I'd forgotten why I was upset.

Our lips faintly touched, we both awkwardly had our eyes open, asking each other if this is the right thing to do.

It felt right.

He leaned in further and deepened the kiss, he carefully wrapped his arms around my waist and tugged me closer. I brought my hands to his face and slowly lifted my hands to his hair.

He slightly pulled away, clearly flustered. "A-are you sure Kurapika?"

I answered him with a passionate kiss, but soon I started snapping back into reality; his sharp stubble rubbing again my face, the smell of his cheap cologne, the bitter taste of his morning coffee and his hand that had begun crawling under my shirt, all forced me to jump back in embarrassment and regret.

"I'm sorry." I barely spoke before I teared up again and escaped to the bathroom.

I looked in the mirror to see a red-faced, swollen-lipped, puffy-eyed man looking back at me.

That wasn't meant to happen. Ugh! This morning has been a mess. How can I possibly face him now?

I breathed, attempting to calm my nerves and trying to think straight.

What to do?

The door knob begin to shake.

I forgot to lock the door.