Chapter 3

XAVIER POV

The light buzz of my alarm woke me from a restless and drunk sleep. I groan as I touch my head in agony - drinking last night was not a good idea.

For the first time since I started Kings Corp. going to work seemed like a chore, I didn't enjoy it anymore. Lazily, I get ready. Showering off last night's drinks and taking some painkillers to ease my headache. I put on an all black suit and drive to the Kings Corp building.

"Good morning Mr King." My current assistant Leroy greets me, I nod to acknowledge it and go to my office.

None of my assistants yet were as good as Amelia, and often got fired in a month or 2. She was amazing at her job, it wasn't surprising that she's a top businesswoman now.

I get an email from Leroy and it's the profit spread sheet.

Lower and lower.

We weren't in loss but profit was getting less and less each week.

My office phone rings and I answer immediately, any news is better than what I just saw.

"Good morning Mr King," I could recognise that Australian accent anywhere.

"How can I help you?" I ask, Mr Walker's partnership with Kings Corp was one of the reasons we were still making any profit at all.

"I'm call you to say that this is the last month that Walker Industries will be working with Kings Corp." he says solemnly.

I pause for a minute, I still needed to sound professional and calm "what made you come to this decision?" I ask, keeping my cool.

"Xavier," his tone becomes more friendly "I don't need to tell you that Kings Corp is declining, I'm sure you already know that...I want to help you as much as possible but not by putting my own business in danger." He explains.

"Furthermore," he carried on "I stayed longer to try and fix things with my sister, but she left Kings Corp as well." He continues. It was true, she found a better job somewhere else.

I could see where he's coming from, and if the shoe was on the other foot I would've done the same thing as well.

"Alright, thank you for your contributions to Kings Corp, maybe one day we will be partners again." I scoff.

"Look forward to it." And he ends the call.

I hold my head up in my hands and groan. This was not good.

"Leroy," I call my assistant, he was of those hippie guys who pretended he didn't have a surname, it was annoying sometimes but he got the work done.

"Yeah boss man." He says, he was tall, square built and gave off a surfer dude vibe with his shoulder length blonde hair, which was in a neat ponytail, and bright blue eyes.

"I need you to get me a graph of Kings Corps profit from the last 5 years." I say.

"On it." He jogs back to his office which was next to mine and gets on with the work. Whilst he did that I saw what was the next best company to replace Walker Industries.