Chapter 15

AMELIA POV

I smile contently as I receive a confirmation email that every hospital in Baltimore has gotten their shipment of supplies.

I was working longer harder hours, trying to get that kiss out of my mind.

It was unexpected, and I was mad at Xavier for it, but I was more mad at myself for wanting more and not stopping it faster.

He kissed me and pulled away for a moment, and instead of stopping it right away I wanted more and I let him have more.

I let him and now he knows that he has that power over me.

"Are you going to the jewellery exhibit tonight in SoHo tonight, Mr Takahashi has personally invited you," Jodie asks me.

She's been sitting with me to discuss what to do as I have a business trip soon, but I keep zoning out.

"Hello? Amelia?" She waves her hands in front of my face to catch my attention "are you going to the Takahashi jewellery exhibition tonight?"

"Um yeah...why not?" I shrug "I could use some new diamonds. Wanna come with me?"

"Really?" Her eyes light up and I nod "thanks it would really help me take my mind of Jake." She says referring to her boyfriend.

"What happened with Jake?" I say.

"We broke up a week ago, but I really don't want to discuss it, Mel, I'll tell you and Jaz the details when I'm ready." She says before I can even say anything else.

"Well, diamonds are a girl's best friend," I wink "come to my place after work and we'll get glammed up to buy diamonds."

"I'm only looking, I can't afford those jewels." She laughs.

The rest of the day, I mostly prepare everything Jodie needs to watch over everything for next week since I was flying out to Milan for business and to meet Mr Russo.

At around 4 o'clock everything is done and I'm ready to leave. I get in my car and drive off to my house, Jodie right behind me in her car.

"We should probably start getting ready now," Jodie says, we've both been sitting and snacking on spicy peanuts for the past hour.

"Why can't I just go in sweats," I groan, before getting up and walking to the stairs, gesturing for Jodie to follow me.

The second floor of my house was purely for all of my clothing from everyday office wear to expensive clothes for events like today. Jodie gasps out in amazement even though she's been here before.

"Wear whatever you want," I say, gesturing to all the clothes hanging. She hugs me excitedly before running to the rows of dresses.

I already knew what I was going to wear and go and get it from the closet, seeing Jodie excitedly picking through all the dresses.

I slip into the black silk dress, it was tight on the upper body before becoming flowier towards the end with a very high slit. I wear a faux mink fur scarf around my shoulders to complete the look.

"I'm going to start getting ready Mel!" I hear Jodie shout from one of the bathrooms and decide to start getting ready myself.

I put my hair in a classy low bun with a few strands out to frame my face. For my makeup, I do a dark brown eyeshadow and paint a dark red almost burgundy lipstick onto my lips.