Chapter 32

AMELIA POV

"What's your plan tomorrow?" Jasmine asks sitting on my sofa.

We were having a girls night as we had finally managed to steal Jasmine away for a night from her baby. Me and Jodie were drinking wine whilst Jasmine, who drove Jodie here, was sipping on juice.

"I'm working from home tomorrow, have some meetings with Xavier." I say.

"She's working from home so that she can get some." Jodie sings, slightly buzzed.

I just roll my eyes.

"Actually." I clear my throat "I'm leaving Kings tomorrow and thought it's better to do it privately, no paparazzi around."

"Ohh." Jasmine pretends to understand.

"I need to go home." Jodie says drunkenly, showing me her lock-screen.

Message from Leroy.

"Yeah yeah I'll take you to your hook up." Jasmine mutters under her breath, offering to drive her.

"Thank you." She says and pulls Jasmine in for a big hug. Using her spare hand, Jasmine pulls me into the hug as well.

The girls leave soon and I manage to get into my bed relatively early. It was quite easy to fall asleep since I was slightly drunk as well.

The only meeting I had, in person, tomorrow was with Xavier, who was coming later in the evening, so I turned off all of my alarms and allowed myself to sleep in.

The next morning, I wince as my feet touch the cold floor. Feeling quite refreshed from a good nights sleep, I make my way to the bathroom and have a quick shower.

I mostly just go through some paperwork and finalise contracts with Chopra's team throughout the day, mostly procrastinating as I had nothing much to do.

I hear the doorbell ring and check my security system through my phone to see that it's Xavier.

Why is he here? Our meeting isn't planned for hours.

Embarrassingly, I open the door for him, in my satin pyjamas and fluffy gown.

His eyes linger on me for a moment, signature smirk on his lips, before he walks in.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, I try to hide my embarrassment by speaking in a blunt tone.

"Just wanted to see you." He says.

I roll my eyes but a part of me is touched that he came to see me despite having a meeting with me in a few hours

I gesture for him to go to my office, following him after grabbing 2 water bottles from the fridge.

He holds the office door open for me, sneakily wrapping his arm around my waist as we both walk in. Annoyed, I take his arm off of me but he's unfazed by it.

I didn't need him being all sweet and touchy, especially when I didn't know why he was here.

He sits opposite me, his legs rested against mine.