Chapter 29

AMELIA POV

Today was the big day.

Today I was going to get Kings Corp.

After profits were continuing to drop for Xavier, the media attention around his loss was growing.

That's exactly what I wanted - everyone needed to know that I was going to buy Kings Corp.

Including Alexander Chopra.

Initially my plan was to buy it discreetly, but then someone as high profile as Chopra would never know about it.

Also it's my last chance to embarrass Xavier and he deserves that.

I get into a shimmering gold dress that stops at my knees and hugs me tightly, paired with black heels and purse.

Had to dress up for the occasion.

My feet ache within a few minutes of putting my heels on but it's worth it for the few inches it adds to my height.

I get into my car and drive to Xavier's office. The drive is impatiently long as I yearn to get to Kings Corp.

"Miss Davis." Xavier greets me formally as I enter his office.

His office has been renovated since I've been there, the glass walls are now frosted making everything much more private, as well as now having a solid wall between him and his assistant.

"New office?" I raise an eyebrow, he smirks back before sitting down at his desk with me.

"Let's get right to it?" He says, pulling a paper out from his drawer and placing it on the table.

I'm barely able to control my excitement as he signs his side of the contract.

"This is a typical sign over contract- you're now in complete control of Kings Corp." he says.

I take the pen out of his hands, the side of my fingers brushing against his. I swirl the ink across the paper, placing my signature in bold black ink.

"You just doubled my net worth Mr King."

"My pleasure, you're officially the richest businessperson in New York - much more than Alexander Chopra." He says slyly.

His phone rings - it's his assistant. He tells Leroy about the contract and that he has officially signed away Kings Corp.

"Now get out of my office," I joke, he chuckles.

"I believe there's a swarm of paparazzi waiting for us outside." He says, glancing out his window at the growing crowd of reporters and cameras.

"Already?" I huff.

"Well you need enough media exposure to get Chopra to notice right?"

I nod, he was right.

We walk out next to each other, his long legs let him walk slightly ahead of me and my heels weren't helping either.

As soon as the doorman opens the large glass double doors, an army of reporters swarm towards me and Xavier.

"Why are you doing business with your ex-husband?"

"Is this revenge for the divorce?"

"How much did you pay for Kings Corp."

"What does it feel like to be the richest woman?"

A fusillade of inappropriate questions bombard both me and Xavier. I roll my eyes in exhaustion at the questions.

When one of the reporters' mic is near me I say "I can confidently say Mr King has made the right decision by signing Kings Corp to me."