Chapter 33

AMELIA POV

Work harder.

Hustle.

Get revenge.

That is what's been on my mind for the last 4 years.

That day was finally here.

Leaving him wasn't enough punishment for what he did because leaving him hurt me just as much, if not more, than it did him.

Having to live with the fact that I am in love with the man who was responsible for my mother's murder was a shameful secret I carried around with me.

For so long, no matter how much I tried, I couldn't hate him.

The last 4 years of my life were fuelled with one goal.

Ruin Xavier King.

Every late night working, every single day pouring my heart and soul into Eva Enterprises, every obstacle I overcame on my own.

And every single tear I cried.

I spent ages trying to decide what I would do, when I finally realised that Eva Enterprises can't be anything but a medical company.

Because that day, after I found my mother's corpse dead on the ground, I looked for medical attention but no one could help us fast enough and she died in my arms.

Since then I knew I had to help people because I wouldn't wish what would happen to me on my worst enemy.

And that's why I knew I could never ruin Xavier in the way that he ruined me.

"What the fuck?" Xavier's voice brings me back to reality.

The fury in his eyes and the hurt across his face, feels like a weight lifted off of my shoulders.

I had finally won.

"Don't embarrass yourself over here Xavier," I smirk "I will see you at 7 o'clock sharp at Eva Enterprises, wouldn't want to miss our meeting."

His jaw clenches at my mocking tone, as he gets into his car and slams the door shut before driving off.

"Wow." Chopra says after a moment of silence "you really are a player."

"Don't hate the player, hate the game Alexander." I swirl my car keys around my index finger as I walk to my car.

I sit in my car, for a moment and let it all sink in. My heartbeat was quickening from the adrenaline.

I drive to the Eva Enterprises building, deciding to spend the day at the office. Between Xavier and Chopra, it was easy to neglect my own company which wasn't going to be happening.

"Hey." Jodie smiles as I walk past her office.

Jodie was really my rock through all of this. Without her being here, I couldn't have focussed on other things. I knew she was capable of taking care of Eva Enterprises whilst I was preoccupied with other things.

"I have my last meeting with Mr King tonight." I breathe out.

"You're finally giving him Kings Corp back and letting him go?" She asks as she's furiously typing away.

"Something like that." I murmur before walking into my office.

The time flies whilst I watch over some shipping to hospitals in France.

It's 6:58pm when I'm done.

Xavier will be here any moment.

I clear away everything and get ready to see him, he's angry I bet so this will be fun.

"Mr King is here to see you." Jodie says as she opens the door of my office for Xavier.

"Good evening Mr King." I say innocently.

"Amelia what the fuck is going on?" He yells.

"What are you talking about?" I joke, there was something about watching him getting angrier and angrier that I loved.

His chest was rising and falling rapidly as his anger got the best of him.

"You're not signing the company back to me?" He glared into my eyes, his brown eyes boring into mine.

I get up from my chair and walk to stand directly in front of him, about 2 feet of space between us.

"That is what I said at Chopra's building." I clarify.

"I signed it to you on the condition that you will return it in a week, after finalising your deal with Chopra." He says.

"Oh but Xavier," I say "you didn't write that anywhere in the contract, would you like to double check." I stride over to my desk and pull a copy of my contract out my drawer.

I hand it to him and wait a moment whilst he goes over it.

"And you see that word at the end of contract? That's your signature." I say condescendingly, rubbing salt into his wounds.

He throws the contract onto the floor, after he realises that I'm right.

"This is wrong, you said you'll give it back." He says through clenched teeth.

"You have no proof of that Mr King." I smirk "it's my word against yours."

"There's no proof because you didn't want Chopra doubting the authenticity of the contract." He says "that's the only reason I didn't include it in the contract."

"That's true, but you stupidly didn't create a secondary contract that mentions the return policy." I call him out. "If you were even an ounce of how smart you think you are you would've created that, especially when I explicitly told you."

He's silent for a moment.

"This isn't over Amelia, I'll take you to court, I'll take back everything and more." He threatens.

"Do you really want to go to court against me Miss Davis? Is that something you think you'll succeed in?"

His face looks confused when I say that.

"That's what you said to me 4 years ago Mr King, and now I ask you - do you really want to go to court against me, is that something you think you'll succeed in?"

"I'll fight with everything I have."

"I took everything you have."

"Why Amelia? Why did you have to damage it, I thought everything was going to be good again?" His voice is low and hurt, like a child.

"Did you really think after everything that you did I would waltz back into your life and everything would be perfect?" I narrow my eyes. "After everything you did to me I would fall for someone like you?"

"I didn't think at all, I couldn't believe my luck that I had managed to get you back that I didn't think of anything but you."

"Aww," I walk up to him and pat his cheek like I'm trying to cheer him up "don't worry I'm sure the all powerful Xavier King will figure it out."

"You ruined everything Amelia." He says, the icy change in his voice almost made me shiver.

"You ruined me first." I say.

"I love you."

The way he said it was almost as if he was ashamed to say it, to admit that he fell for my ploy and fell in love, but it was all part of the plan.

"I hate you." I say matching his low tone "now get out of my office."

please vote and comment

-BanditLuva🖤